• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I heard a few different fans mention on Sat that they heard that Jack was on is way to either Reading or Watford. If true I hope is not till end of season.

Fans have just read speculation on the net. I wouldn't worry too much about those rumours.

I heard a few different fans mention on Sat that they heard that Jack was on is way to either Reading or Watford. If true I hope is not till end of season.

That was just in the papers last week.

Love how people take rumours and turn start talking them up as facts at the ground and in the pub.

Whether they are interested or not there is no way he will leave in January, he has only just broken into our first team, he would go straight back into the reserves at either of those clubs.

That was just in the papers last week.

Love how people take rumours and turn start talking them up as facts at the ground and in the pub.

Whether they are interested or not there is no way he will leave in January, he has only just broken into our first team, he would go straight back into the reserves at either of those clubs.

It's no different to the John Joe O'toole being a disruptive influence 'fact'. Because he appeared fed up and unenthusiastic in that BBC interview, a few people used it as to label him a bad and disruptive influence around the dressing room. All this based on an interview.

Now I don't see a thread or post without this presenting this 'fact'. This was even despite a couple of fans speaking to fans of his former clubs (Watford & another - I can't remember) stating he was the opposite. But by then the damage was already done. This made up accusation based on an interview is already rife in SZ as a fact - even though there is no evidence to prove that he is, and even a couple of fan statement saying the contrary.

Don't want to turn this off topic, but I was wondering why you said he will never be our player, especially as his contract runs out at the end of the season. I thought Coulthirst was a winger and would rather have him than Weston. Still only 20 as well.

Coulthirst would have to do more than he has so far to convince me that he is worth a contract with S.U.F.C. at the end of the season. No doubt he has some talent but that is alone is not enough - he isn't in the game or do enough over 90 minutes to warrant a place on the pitch.

And to some extent I suppose that is why he is at Southend - to gain the experience in order to improve. But I am not sure that we (Southend United) can afford to have him on the pitch when we are winning but quite narrow margins at times. A Catch 17 situation. :stunned:

As for Payne, he is quite a handful for most teams. Great to see another home grown player breaking through to be a fan's favourite.

Perhaps muscle bulk will be a key factor in whether he survives as a professional player - if he can add some more muscle without losing his movement then I think he will only get better especially when that is coupled with more experience.

Yes, he tries to chase down the opposition and is good with the ball at his feet but I wonder if he is the slowest player in the squad.

Back