• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Mods had nothing to do with it. Rob49 needs to re-post his image, saving it first to his computer.

Never mind, they cut most of the truth out.... I'm no boot licker, but I'm 100% a season ticket holder..... A lot more than people on here..... It seems unless you back the (keep it in your pants) manager you are wrong... Promo luck, yes the curry was nice....

Good on PB for speaking his mind,id rather have a manager who whether we have nothing to play for but pride is still passionate about winning than one that says what does it matter we have nothing to play for.ive read a lot of threads this season where people have voiced their disapproval of referees, They are paid professionals and as such should do their jobs well , if we hadnt we would lose our jobs ,if i hadnt i would probably either killed myself and a lot of people along with me ,as i was for 38 years a truck driver
.If a ref cannot do his job properly he should be struck off.

Never mind, they cut most of the truth out.... I'm no boot licker, but I'm 100% a season ticket holder..... A lot more than people on here..... It seems unless you back the (keep it in your pants) manager you are wrong... Promo luck, yes the curry was nice....

Get the chip off your shoulder pal, the forum is for discussion and debate. There's no "pro" or "anti" slant to the Zone and "they" do not "cut most of the truth out". They cut out stuff which is abusive or is potentially libellous, little else.

You do know you don't HAVE to post on here if you don't like it?

Last edited:
imagejpeg
Sorry I can confirm it was not deleted by anyone!!!!!

i was trying to post a picture of the handball from Saturday but for some reason cannot post it.

If anyone wants to see it check out CP's tweets it's on there.

Blimey, having read this thread before playing the interview, I was expecting something a lot different.

Having heard it, I thought he came across like a fan and with some passion. Angry we didn't get anything out of the game because of the decision. Saying we deserved more than we got. Praising the chances created.

At no point did it come across as a negative on our performance.

I want my team's manager to care. He definitely cared in that interview.

I don't know what people are expecting him to say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03tjmlx

Here's the interview. I take your point. He's not happy is he ! :unsure:

Having just listened to the interview, I have to say that Phil Brown comes across as someone who is deeply committed to the club. He was absolutely furious about the incompetence that led to the penalty decision and clearly wants to be a winner. The pre-season period at Roots Hall should be interesting. Like many other supporters, I am hoping PB can get his recruitment done early this summer for a change. A tall commanding centre-back seems like a priority now.

I actually like the fact that Brown protests vehemently at what he sees as injustice/s. I feel that under Tilly, for example, we as a club were far more timid, and that counted against us. In the Championship, against the likes of Derby and Leicester (whatever happened to them?) we fell way short of their 'cute' tricks and playing of the referee and were relegated. As far as the pen was concerned yesterday, granted it was headed straight at McQueen from close range, but his arm was in an unnatural position.

I think it shows he has passion, nothing wrong with that. I hate to see managers with a couldn't care less attitude, Steve Mclaren was a prime example, when England Manager he never showed any feeling, we could score and you'd never know, just sat there motionless, i like to see a manager up celebrating like a fan!

Phil Brown is no better or worse than 90% of managers who consistently blame referees for almost everything. We should give all these managers a book on the laws of the game and a whistle and get them to referee a game for Ninety minutes, I wonder how they would get on? !!

Indeed and I like that.

If he is feeling that he needs to up his game and get results to be spotted by a higher team then that's all good for us.

The last thing we need is a journeyman manager going through the motions until they are sacked.

Phil Brown is no better or worse than 90% of managers who consistently blame referees for almost everything. We should give all these managers a book on the laws of the game and a whistle and get them to referee a game for Ninety minutes, I wonder how they would get on? !!

Don't get me started on that !! :angry:
I'm sick and tired of managers and ex-professional players slagging off referees, yet why didn't they become a referee ?

I think it shows he has passion, nothing wrong with that. I hate to see managers with a couldn't care less attitude, Steve Mclaren was a prime example, when England Manager he never showed any feeling, we could score and you'd never know, just sat there motionless, i like to see a manager up celebrating like a fan!

I take your point, but I coach young kids and it's very difficult teaching them (and their parents/carers) to respect referees and their decisions when the manager of their local football team is publicly ripping into them. Yeah, have a go if you feel badly treated, but in my opinion he should do it with dignity and behind closed doors.

I am surprised by the comments that Phil (and many others) make to journos and TV; they really ought to have some kind of idea of what to be saying and what to temper before the interview starts - it is not as if being asked questions is a surprise.
Because of that reasoning is it then correct that many of the "emotion" comments are also given as it is what the audience, us fans, are expected to want to hear?
Playing to the crowd?

I am surprised by the comments that Phil (and many others) make to journos and TV; they really ought to have some kind of idea of what to be saying and what to temper before the interview starts - it is not as if being asked questions is a surprise.
Because of that reasoning is it then correct that many of the "emotion" comments are also given as it is what the audience, us fans, are expected to want to hear?
Playing to the crowd?

Spot on.... I laughed, people saying I want a manager to really care, listen to the interview, he does they say!!! Media savvy is really what he is.... So many played into his hands.....

That interview is not stage managed for the media.

It's actually the opposite.

Back