• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davew

Coach
post match PB stated will need 2-3 more signings. not sure all clubs want more but at the mo squad looks q good, obviously if Bentley goes they can spend a bit, otherwise poss a few loan signings.

Thoughts

He's still trying to get a high scoring centre forward type on a permanent deal. Listening to the game against Fleetwood, it's what we were crying out for. It would also bring the best out of Mooney as everyone knows he can't play the lone striker role.
Loan players will be defenders if anything.

We need defenders more than anything, don't have enough cover in that area at all

Still got my fingers crossed that we get McLeod I think he would be a great addition, and a couple of defenders would have all the makings of a good squad for me. keeping hold of Bentley would be big even if it is just till January.

He's still trying to get a high scoring centre forward type on a permanent deal. Listening to the game against Fleetwood, it's what we were crying out for. It would also bring the best out of Mooney as everyone knows he can't play the lone striker role.
Loan players will be defenders if anything.

It doesn't matter what striker you get in, if you don't play 442 then Mooney or whatever striker we have will have to play the lone striker role

It doesn't matter what striker you get in, if you don't play 442 then Mooney or whatever striker we have will have to play the lone striker role

But we do play 4-4-2!! Occasionally Brown has mixed it up, but on the whole since January we have been playing this

Wish people would stop banging on about IF we play 4-4-2

Brown confirmed it was 442.

Weston is better out wide in my book, but for those wanting a pacy forward he is certainly that so makes some sense to try him there again.

With Hunt and Pigott I cant imagine he will play there often.

We have Mooney Hunt and Piggy,any two from those three constitutes as playing proper 442.

Weston played with Mooney in a 442, he looked sharp, and with a bit more time to learn about each other could we work alongside Mooney, Hunt or Pigot.
It may well have been fatigue, but he did not cause as many problems when playing wide.

Yesterday we didnt attack crosses very well and look far more effective with the ball into Westons feet centrally with him either spinning off, or feeding Mooney

Brown confirmed it was 442.

Weston is better out wide in my book, but for those wanting a pacy forward he is certainly that so makes some sense to try him there again.

With Hunt and Pigott I cant imagine he will play there often.
Agree with this. If you look back to the last 10 games of last season and then pre season, Weston deserved his shot to start (in whatever position, I prefer him out on the wing but he can be a striker too). I think it was a brave decision from Brown so fair play.

Back