• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Defenders needed I think.

Totally happy with Coker. Bolger and Barret are ok but need back up. White I have never been overly sold on. Prosser should be a reserve this season really and Tommo clearly not happy with his deal.

I think we need O'Neill ideally from Burnley plus a centre back to push Barrett and Bolger.

Needed Barry Corr instead of Mooney yesterday even tough it was loosely 4-4-2. So we now need a bullish striker who can play the one up front role, O'Neill and pray for a miracle recovery for Thompson.

I'm beginning to wonder on the Thompson front. The club (Brown) obviously have some reservations because of his injury, otherwise a deal would have been struck by now. Is he that rated that we keep hanging on, or do we buy/loan afresh? I don't know enough about his recovery to have a proper opinion, but it does make you wonder.

I'm beginning to wonder on the Thompson front. The club (Brown) obviously have some reservations because of his injury, otherwise a deal would have been struck by now. Is he that rated that we keep hanging on, or do we buy/loan afresh? I don't know enough about his recovery to have a proper opinion, but it does make you wonder.
Isn't the injury a reoccurrence , and happened a few times before, that must put doubt in his mind

So if he plays he should be out wide so then he can find the two strikers in the box instead of just the one when he's supposedly up front.

Thing is up front he doesnt get the ball in a way he can use it to even supply the other striker.

He was really good end of last season getting the ball out wide and running with it. Having pace up front is pointless if you dont ever get the ball and all you end up with was like yesterday, just pumping balls into the channels.

Thing is up front he doesnt get the ball in a way he can use it to even supply the other striker.

He was really good end of last season getting the ball out wide and running with it. Having pace up front is pointless if you dont ever get the ball and all you end up with was like yesterday, just pumping balls into the channels.
But that was down to the midfield, Leonard, Wordsworth and Atko didn't really play anyone in

But that was down to the midfield, Leonard, Wordsworth and Atko didn't really play anyone in

No but its easier to bring in a winger who can then use his pace, than to pick out a striker as they are more tightly marked.

Weston can get the ball to his feet in a wide position and we have seen what he can use his pace for then. As a striker if you play it to his feet he is rarely going to win or hold onto the ball so yesterday Brown instructed them to play the balls into the channels to chase after. That results in him rarely getting on the ball.

For me he has far more of an impact on the wing.

I think we need a centre half, full back and another striker.

Happy with the full backs and only cover needed but I'd like to sign a quality centre half to partner either Barrett or Bolger, I think it's an area we need to improve if we are to challenge as PB has stated he wants to do. Obviously a striker as everyone already knows.

I think we need a centre half, full back and another striker.

Happy with the full backs and only cover needed but I'd like to sign a quality centre half to partner either Barrett or Bolger, I think it's an area we need to improve if we are to challenge as PB has stated he wants to do. Obviously a striker as everyone already knows.

Agree with that above. I'd go shopping in Yeovil ..........

As to Weston, well, I wouldn't have said it was a 4-4-2 as Weston was always working his way to the wing ...... and that just leaves Mooney in the centre until the other midfielders arrive.

I thought Weston played well at Fleetwood but it is at the cost of a real 4-4-2 and having a threat in the box rather than approaching the box.

Agree with that above. I'd go shopping in Yeovil ..........

As to Weston, well, I wouldn't have said it was a 4-4-2 as Weston was always working his way to the wing ...... and that just leaves Mooney in the centre until the other midfielders arrive.

I thought Weston played well at Fleetwood but it is at the cost of a real 4-4-2 and having a threat in the box rather than approaching the box.

Its still 442, he was just making runs into the channels which is what Brown was asking him to do, which if you play a pacy player up front its surely what you want. At one point Bentley complained because he was putting the balls in the channels as told to do and no one was running into them.

Back