• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How i read it ( from the threads ) it was for supporting his player when the ref made a terrible decision. Seems to me if this is the case then perhaps that ref deserves a touchline ban also .

According to PB himself, it was for getting another ball out and making the point that Bradford were time-wasting by kicking the original match ball "into one of those council estates in Rochford"

How i read it ( from the threads ) it was for supporting his player when the ref made a terrible decision. Seems to me if this is the case then perhaps that ref deserves a touchline ban also .
Please don't even try to defend him.

Didnt think i was defending him ,more that the FA should look at some of the refs they appoint,reading the threads on the match ,i dont think one thread thought the ref was any good,some said he was irate at the decision given against Lenny which was diabolical .

I'm afraid it was a penalty. See them given all the time. Plus Brown has got plenty of previous in terms of being sent to the stands.

Neil Warnock aside, I don't know of another manager who seems to get in as much bother standing on the touchline.

I see Warnock got binned last week for mouthing off and got a £2k fine. Brown might get similar. To get stuck in the stands takes some doing at that level. He doesn't seem to learn and it doesn't set a good example for his players.

I'm afraid it was a penalty. See them given all the time. Plus Brown has got plenty of previous in terms of being sent to the stands.

The ref gave it so it was a penalty. Having seen it a few times, it's a very dubious one as Lenny definitely got the ball and as the ref got so many decisions wrong today, I can't trust his judgement

The ref gave it so it was a penalty. Having seen it a few times, it's a very dubious one as Lenny definitely got the ball and as the ref got so many decisions wrong today, I can't trust his judgement

Looked stonewall from my vantage point. But I'll bow to your extensive knowledge of refereeing on the ref's performance. I didn't think he had a bad game, given he had pretty much nothing to do.

Please don't even try to defend him.

To be fair, I don't think Buffalo, was trying to defend Brown, he was just saying what he saw, and it matches up with PB's account of the event in he's post match interview.

I will leave it up to the retired refs on this forum, to come to a conclusion on who's responsibility it is to obtain a new match ball, when one goes over the stadium & into the car park?

I honestly don't know.

Oh come on it was a stonewall pen. Lenny lunged in from behind in desperation, if that wasn't given at the other end you'd be spitting feathers! Let's have some realism please.

On the ban though, why did Phil need to make a twit of himself, how's he supposed to encourage discipline in his team when he's got none himself?

He wasn't going mad about the penalty decision, he was going mad about the free kick just before that was clearly given the wrong way, that led to the penalty. He was pointing down to the free kick spot just to the right hand side of him. He was also pointing to the fourth official. It looked like he was saying to the ref that the fourth official said it should be a free kick to Southend , it happened almost in front of him. But the ref ignored him, and so Phil Brown went mad.
My own view is that the ref made it personal after Phil Brown gave him a few verbals before during the game. He was fair in the first half, then after half time gave every 50/50 decision to Bradford.

Back