• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

graysblue

Banned
guy i spoke to yesterday told me the following,to be honest i have heard of this type of thing before.

the guys mum is aged 80ish she suffers with various illnesses and can no longer care for herself,her bungalow was sold approx 9 months ago for 200k,the proceeds are currently paying her nursing care which costs £7000 PER MONTH.

how can this be right !!the old girl has paid tax ect for donkeys years along with her departed husband yet in her final stage of life she has to pay out again.

whatever happened to the quote "from cradle to the grave".

is it any wonder people feel hard done by.

I'm afraid its true gb .. and if the pot empties before she dies they will sell her kidneys, liver, legs etc ... in order to continue caring for her

I'm afraid its true gb .. and if the pot empties before she dies they will sell her kidneys, liver, legs etc ... in order to continue caring for her

I know of one man who was forced to have all his limbs amputated when he couldn't make the payments just "to save some space" in the old people's home. He was just a head by the time he passed away and was buried in a goldfish bowl. What the hell is this country coming to....?

I know of one man who was forced to have all his limbs amputated when he couldn't make the payments just "to save some space" in the old people's home. He was just a head by the time he passed away and was buried in a goldfish bowl. What the hell is this country coming to....?

Was his Name "Bob" ?

that is pure luxury,

know a guy who had to sell everthing apart from his left testicle,nicknamed "the ball" is currently living the life of riley somewhere very warm.

few weeks ago i was standing in the queue behind an old lady,she purchased tin of soup and small loaf.at the till she never had enough cash so i paid for the stuff.

wonder if she had 300k stashed under her mattress............probably.

guy i spoke to yesterday told me the following,to be honest i have heard of this type of thing before.

the guys mum is aged 80ish she suffers with various illnesses and can no longer care for herself,her bungalow was sold approx 9 months ago for 200k,the proceeds are currently paying her nursing care which costs £7000 PER MONTH.

how can this be right !!the old girl has paid tax ect for donkeys years along with her departed husband yet in her final stage of life she has to pay out again.

whatever happened to the quote "from cradle to the grave".

is it any wonder people feel hard done by.

The perils of Social Care being means tested

would of thought there must be a fairer way to solve this social injustice?

how about 25% of the estate going toward nursing care,with the other 75% going to relatives?

7k per month is a tad expensive,the guy told me its the going rate for full time nursing,works out around £250 per day .

someone somewhere is on a nice little earner.

There are two very simple solutions.

1. We all pay more tax and national insurance.

2. Soylent Green.

how about 25% of the estate going toward nursing care,with the other 75% going to relatives?

But that would have to be taken at death, so who would pay in the mean time, and it would give the relatives however may years the elderly person was in a home , time to put the money away in other places so it would not attract any duty at death.
As it stands, the elderly person is paying for their own accomodation care etc out of their own assets. If they can't afford it the state picks up the tab. I can't really see much of an alternative really. My mother in law (and her Husband when he was alive) chose to sell their house and rent it back (one of theses schemes available) so that the capital they got could supplement their pensions (which were decimated by the Post office pension he had at the time being tied up with Maxwell !).

But that would have to be taken at death, so who would pay in the mean time, and it would give the relatives however may years the elderly person was in a home , time to put the money away in other places so it would not attract any duty at death.
As it stands, the elderly person is paying for their own accomodation care etc out of their own assets. If they can't afford it the state picks up the tab. I can't really see much of an alternative really. My mother in law (and her Husband when he was alive) chose to sell their house and rent it back (one of theses schemes available) so that the capital they got could supplement their pensions (which were decimated by the Post office pension he had at the time being tied up with Maxwell !).

aye its a tangled mess,

my thoughts were under the circumstances subscribed this old girl had 200k and with the probabiilty of death occuring within reasonable amount of time?why not the following ,remove 50k from the 200k for nursing care with the other 150k being shared amongst relatives immediately,after all any windfall the relatives recieve will be blown on luxuries which in turn boosts the economy.

for me the entire system requires overhauling.

My mum's cousin who I used to call Aunt Dot is 95 and lives in a residential home in Hornchurch. She had to sell her house to pay for her care (she's lived there nearly 15 yrs) and at first it was a fairly nice place (as residential homes can be). Now over the last year they've been forced by Havering Council to take in people with dementia who (through no fault of their own) are loud, sometimes violent and obnoxious.

I tell you what GB, you can moan about immigrants but they know the value of family and they take care and respect their elderly rather than shove them in a home and grudgingly visit once a month.

My mum's cousin who I used to call Aunt Dot is 95 and lives in a residential home in Hornchurch. She had to sell her house to pay for her care (she's lived there nearly 15 yrs) and at first it was a fairly nice place (as residential homes can be). Now over the last year they've been forced by Havering Council to take in people with dementia who (through no fault of their own) are loud, sometimes violent and obnoxious.

I tell you what GB, you can moan about immigrants but they know the value of family and they take care and respect their elderly rather than shove them in a home and grudgingly visit once a month.

tell you a little story regarding havering council and i do not want to go down the same route as last week BUT would anyone say the following is fair.

famliy arrived in this country approx 5 years ago,the son suffers from severe mental health problems.

the council housed them and after several months the parents could not cope with the son,the boy aged 19 then was put into a special unit somewhere in essex,the parents/council agreed to build an extention on the parents house in order the son could return and live there.

52k later nice shiny extention with all mod cons and incredibly the parents refused to have the son back at home,last i heard the boy was in high security whilst the parents live it up on state handouts.

tell you a little story regarding havering council and i do not want to go down the same route as last week BUT would anyone say the following is fair.

famliy arrived in this country approx 5 years ago,the son suffers from severe mental health problems.

the council housed them and after several months the parents could not cope with the son,the boy aged 19 then was put into a special unit somewhere in essex,the parents/council agreed to build an extention on the parents house in order the son could return and live there.

52k later nice shiny extention with all mod cons and incredibly the parents refused to have the son back at home,last i heard the boy was in high security whilst the parents live it up on state handouts.
Then in which case I would imagine the council could consider the property the parents are in to be greater than their needs and rehouse them at the next review.

Then in which case I would imagine the council could consider the property the parents are in to be greater than their needs and rehouse them at the next review.

we would assume so,however last i heard they have been in the rebulit gaff for the past few years witn no sign of being rehoused to somewhere more suited to their needs.

guy i know who has seen the case file and cared for the lad for several months informed myself the parents had only visited him 2 or 3 occasions.

further info the boy whilst under care was allowed to claim certain benefits which of course grew into a tidy sum,the parents were allowed to use SOME of the lads cash for their own needs.

Have you ever considered that all of your anecdotes regarding immigrants and how they are destroying this country might all concern the same family?

Have you ever considered that all of your anecdotes regarding immigrants and how they are destroying this country might all concern the same family?

you appear to have assumed the people i have mentioned are immigrants.

in fact they are british who left this country many years ago and then returned to these shores.

Back