• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TTS

Manager
This forum never fails to amaze me .....

We have threads just moaning and questioning and berating players and management alike..

and yet, we are third in the league, approaching Mid March. We are the second top goal scorers in the division, with the 2nd best away record in the FOOTBALL LEAGUE ! Automatic Promotion is still well within our hands I would say as well.

If i was a player or manager at Southend, expecting to be fulfilled with confidence, I would log on here and question why I bother !!

UTB's

i think the negativity has abated somewhat of late, improved atmosphere at the ground, the team seem to be a solid unit again, think the dip in form got people a bit panic stricken. a few weeks ago i would have been in complete agreement, now however i am buzzing for the shots game and we were planning our trips to torquay and oxford last night talking about promotion parties etc etc

We have threads just moaning and questioning and berating players and management alike..

and yet, we are third in the league, approaching Mid March. We are the second top goal scorers in the division, with the 2nd best away record in the FOOTBALL LEAGUE ! Automatic Promotion is still well within our hands I would say as well.

If i was a player or manager at Southend, expecting to be fulfilled with confidence, I would log on here and question why I bother !!

UTB's

Thats why luggy doesn't anymoore.............post on here.....

I expect nothing from Southend - the only thing do expect is to have a good crack with me mates on a matchday

I never have gone to Southend for the football it's always been about the friendships and the sense of being :)

i think the negativity has abated somewhat of late, improved atmosphere at the ground, the team seem to be a solid unit again, think the dip in form got people a bit panic stricken. a few weeks ago i would have been in complete agreement, now however i am buzzing for the shots game and we were planning our trips to torquay and oxford last night talking about promotion parties etc etc

Generally I think you're right, but the over-reaction to Sturrock's team selection on here yesterday was almost as over the top as the over-reaction to the signing of Cameron Belford was.

I was thinking about this the other day and whilst I obviously want to get promoted from League 2 more than anything the feeling of winning even just a single game is brilliant. Even scoring a goal is a brilliant feeling. Even if you lose 4-1 the moment you go 1-0 up is excellent. And then the inevitable disappointment follows. All I expect is effort, a laugh and a few beers.

I am interested as to what people think about different feelings in football;

How different is the feeling of winning a single game, to scoring a single goal and winning promotion. To me they aren't that far apart, whilst you'd take promotion without a doubt, is the feeling of joy actually that different in the moment (scoring a goal, winning, and promotion)? To me personally I don't think it is.

And is the feeling of winning better than losing?

Questions, Questions, Questions.

You cant please our supporters they remind a lot of the the time of our Championship neighbours supporters down the road WHU the last couple of home games they have been booed off for a draw and they where in 2nd place.

We are always going to landed with the winging-moaning supporters who cant see what is in front of them and if we do get promoted no matter what PS does they will still moan and will contine to moan

i enjoy match days as scott says meeting with freinds having a few beers (in my case sometimes to many ) but its the freindship and i have made quite a lot of good freindships over the years around supporting the Blues sadly some or not with us today but there are still in our thoughts and i wonder sometime what they would think of the present time of the blues

Personally I have stopped doing aways except the local ones as got a young family. So as a result all I have seen for the last 8-10 home games has been with the exception of Port Vale a load of dross.

Delighted were third and if i did aways I might feel different but its hard to get excited when I have only seen I think one win in 2012.

Personally I have stopped doing aways except the local ones as got a young family. So as a result all I have seen for the last 8-10 home games has been with the exception of Port Vale a load of dross.

Delighted were third and if i did aways I might feel different but its hard to get excited when I have only seen I think one win in 2012.

Dave I think we would all be happy if we only saw the away games and not the homes. We would have seen us win 12 times.

I expect nothing from Southend - the only thing do expect is to have a good crack with me mates on a matchday

I never have gone to Southend for the football it's always been about the friendships and the sense of being :)

Most bizarre thing ive ever heard on a football forum.

I always go for the football

UTB's

It's not really an answer, but I doubt if this forum is any different to any other football forum. It seems that Dailly had a solid debut yesterday and the team won, so going by that Sturrock was right and the fans who criticised the signing wrong. Similar to those who flamed the signing of Belford, we haven't lost since he signed.

The point about the forum is that fans are entitled to air their views however ludicrous, if everyone agreed the Zone would be a pretty dull place.

To be fair the football does play a part but the social side I value just as much if not sometimes more

I knew what u meant.....Knowing the passion u have for SUFC I did think it a bit strange tho. Sometimes the camerarderie u share with ur mates makes supporting SUFC even better and without them it just wouldnt be the same

Well Barkers swan dive for the pass back that led to the penalty must have pleased you then. Because I cant help laughing every time I watch it. And I have watched it about 10 times now.

It's not really an answer, but I doubt if this forum is any different to any other football forum. It seems that Dailly had a solid debut yesterday and the team won, so going by that Sturrock was right and the fans who criticised the signing wrong. Similar to those who flamed the signing of Belford, we haven't lost since he signed.

The point about the forum is that fans are entitled to air their views however ludicrous, if everyone agreed the Zone would be a pretty dull place.

Was listening to BBC Radio Norfolk last Sunday after coming back from the pub. They have a phone in show called 'Canary Call' after the match. After drawing at home to Wigan 1-1, there were a few suicidal callers on there. Unbelievable.:stunned:

I do think our own expectations can be our downfall. We have no god given right to win games than any other team. Fans just need to support the players no matter what. Even if you don't like the style of play it doesn't matter just get behind the team.

Well Barkers swan dive for the pass back that led to the penalty must have pleased you then. Because I cant help laughing every time I watch it. And I have watched it about 10 times now.
Hilarious,What did he think he was-a human torpedo?:hilarious::hilarious:

UTB's

I think DtS and Ken have hit the nail firmly on the head.

90% of the crowd don't go to that many away games and for this vast majority of the supporters, the fare on offer this season has been poor. Our home form is decidedly mid-table at best and the entertainment has been patchy.

Obviously there's still time to turn our home results into something reasonably decent and then you'd find more people will be happy about things.

Back