• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
Does anyone ( of a certain age ) remember that childish game when growing up of stating that if you had just beaten a team who then themselves went on to beat a ‘bigger’ side , it automatically became ‘fact’ that you would have beaten them too !
So given Wigan’s superb result last night and us taking them to the cleaners a week or so ago , we would have wiped the floor with the run away Prem leaders !
Childish I know , but I still love this blinkered logic

Does anyone ( of a certain age ) remember that childish game when growing up of stating that if you had just beaten a team who then themselves went on to beat a ‘bigger’ side , it automatically became ‘fact’ that you would have beaten them too !
So given Wigan’s superb result last night and us taking them to the cleaners a week or so ago , we would have wiped the floor with the run away Prem leaders !

Nothing childish or blinkered at all mate. We eat Mancs for Breakfast. Fact, end of.

Nothing childish about it. This is fact. End of.

So that’s both Manchester clubs we have beaten, and a moral victory over spurs, plus holding Liverpool and Chelsea to draws. We are the best team in England, no Europe. The evidence is overwhelming. Now that that is a FACT

Last edited:
The season we beat United, they won the premier league, so therefore we won the prem. Easy

If only that were true. Surely some day we will beat a top flight side in the FA Cup. Mind you got to get past the 1st & 2nd rounds first.

Might have a chance of getting a good cup run, in any competition, now that we have a different philosophy.

Saw this on Twitter this morning:

Roses are red,
Wigan is blue,
Will Grigg's on fire,
Your quadruple is too.

It's not big, it's not clever, but it is fun.

It's not big, it's not clever, but it is fun.

attachment.php

I'd like to think we would put on a better dressed pitch invasion as well.

Someone on Twitter (forget who) yesterday worked out a way for Southend to be better than Barcelona! I think it went something like:
Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona
Chelsea 0-1 Man City
Wigan 1-0 Man City
Southend 3-1 Wigan

I take no credit for this, I didn’t come up with it but take from it what you will...

Back