• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think if we lose that's any hope of promotion or playoffs gone. He has scored a lot goals but set up even more. We hav no one else like that in our squad. To think it took him so long to get into our team in his first year with us.

I think if we lose that's any hope of promotion or playoffs gone. He has scored a lot goals but set up even more. We hav no one else like that in our squad. To think it took him so long to get into our team in his first year with us.

Tbf no over else has him in there team either. He its a match winner for sure but we have had better Wingers over the years.

500k+ and he is gone. Simple as.

I don't think we will sell him, unless a £1 million offer come in, Peterboro does have talented reserve they picked up from League 2 and Conference, maybe part exchange?

He was awesome first half of last season, but didn't play anywhere near that level in the second half. If we have someone to replace his excellent dead ball delivery then it's not the end of the world and 500k or thereabouts would be excellent business

Even the Hall of the 2nd half of last season is far better than any replacement we will get.

He was the one player we had with any real quality, Id rather lose any player than him.

I don't think we will sell him, unless a £1 million offer come in, Peterboro does have talented reserve they picked up from League 2 and Conference, maybe part exchange?

We would sell him at far less than that, 500k would be a massive amount for him.

Why are people on here talking his price down rather than up! Don't get it!

Its called realism because some people completely overestimate what players are worth.

Barnard went for under 200k, Hall only has 6 months more on his contract.

I cant see him going for a million.

I think Hall will have a better career than Barnard. I also think he's worth more than 500k but agree he's not worth a million.

I think Hally is worth 750k of anyones money.
500k all day long

Do we watch a different game? He's a league 2 player with 1 year on his contract. And he spent a fair bit of time on the bench last season. Where's your comparables for a figure like this? Have you noticed that clubs without foreign owners don't have money these days? £200k would be a right result from our perspective.

Do we watch a different game? He's a league 2 player with 1 year on his contract. And he spent a fair bit of time on the bench last season. Where's your comparables for a figure like this? Have you noticed that clubs without foreign owners don't have money these days? £200k would be a right result from our perspective.

I'd take £250k plus decent sell-on %. Hall has a lot of clubs interested by all accounts, so I think we can get £250k - I'd be disappointed with less.

Considering its Championship clubs who are intrested there is no way we should accept anything less than £1M. Were talking about a goalscoring winger with the most assists in the country last season. Prices for players even at our level are starting to spiral nowadays i dont see why anyone would take £200k

Considering its Championship clubs who are intrested there is no way we should accept anything less than £1M. Were talking about a goalscoring winger with the most assists in the country last season. Prices for players even at our level are starting to spiral nowadays i dont see why anyone would take £200k

Simple, Hall can walk out in a years time for nothing - if we sell him we won't get a fee anywhere near £1m. If we get £250k plus a 25-30% sell-on we'll probably accept and I'd support the club in that decision.

I would be outraged if we sold him for 200-250k, the fact that there are more than one champ clubs intrested works in our favour and pushes the asking price up. Certainly no less than 750k

I think Tubbs, McFadzean and Barnett are proof of that, but as people have said Hall only has one year left on his contract. If Van Persie had 3 years left then Arsenal would be demanding £50m.. but he doesn't and they can't.

I'd love Hall to stay, but we don't have much bargaining power and a club like ours can not lose a player like Ryan Hall!

I think Tubbs, McFadzean and Barnett are proof of that, but as people have said Hall only has one year left on his contract. If Van Persie had 3 years left then Arsenal would be demanding £50m.. but he doesn't and they can't.

I'd love Hall to stay, but we don't have much bargaining power and a club like ours can not lose a player like Ryan Hall!

There is a difference with the RVP situation however. Ryan Hall has at no point expressed a desire to leave Southend, RVP wants to leave Arsenal. Hall my be happy to stay with us. I dont know if he is or isnt he hasnt said anything either way

Simple, Hall can walk out in a years time for nothing - if we sell him we won't get a fee anywhere near £1m. If we get £250k plus a 25-30% sell-on we'll probably accept and I'd support the club in that decision.

So we weigh up whether selling him now for 250k will make our chances of promotion less likely, and would keeping him and letting him go for free at the end of the season after him helping us gain promotion will be worth more than 250k in the long run.

So we weigh up whether selling him now for 250k will make our chances of promotion less likely, and would keeping him and letting him go for free at the end of the season after him helping us gain promotion will be worth more than 250k in the long run.

RM gambled with Eastwood, Martin, Benyon, Sampson, Hills, Dailly, Timlin etc. and that didn't achieve promotion. Keeping Hall does not mean we will go up.

Back