• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
The Motorpoint Stand will be closed for the Southend game.

Due to unforeseen electrical (lighting) problems beyond the club’s control, the football club have been forced to make the decision to close the Motorpoint Stand for Tuesday night’s Sky Bet League One fixture with Southend United.

The club are working alongside the City Council to rectify the issues and emergency work will be carried out. Our upcoming fixtures on Saturdays will not be affected.

The club are endeavouring to contact everyone affected by this closure and would like to apologise for any inconvenience this short notice may have caused.

http://www.theposh.com/news/article/2016-17/motorpoint-3580564.aspx

To clarify, this actually is the away stand, which used to be a terrace. So this is a bit of a problem - where are they going to put everyone?!!!

To clarify, this actually is the away stand, which used to be a terrace. So this is a bit of a problem - where are they going to put everyone?!!!

This was the away end. Last time I was there they put the away fans in the old main stand - no leg room, facilities that make Roots Hall look good & top dollar price charged!

This was the away end. Last time I was there they put the away fans in the old main stand - no leg room, facilities that make Roots Hall look good & top dollar price charged!

Yep just to confirm the stand that is closed is not the away stand, although they have given it to some away fans this season(Sheffield United).
We will be in the Main Stand which has been the official away area for a few seasons now.
They will have plenty of room around the ground anyway as I expect they will only get around 4,500 home fans for this game.

Seriously? With an away following like we have they would expect to fill that stand and much of the seats in the main stand!

Seriously? With an away following like we have they would expect to fill that stand and much of the seats in the main stand!

Peterborough's home game last Tuesday v Shrewsbury the crowd was 4,116 with 161 away fans
We had nearly 1,000 at Peterborough last season in the main stand away area. I expect we will take around 500 there next Tuesday so plenty of room.

So, Peterborough have announced they are closing a stand that they don't use on matchdays much anyway, unless they are playing Sheffield United, who apparently took 4,000 there last Saturday! :omg:

I did have a quick read of the Sheffield United forum, to see if there was an issue last week, but nothing much said. However, they were nattering on about previous visits to Peterborough and dear old Colin Morris! :cool:

Is it 'sit where you like' or do you have to sit in the seat shown on your ticket?

So, Peterborough have announced they are closing a stand that they don't use on matchdays much anyway, unless they are playing Sheffield United, who apparently took 4,000 there last Saturday! :omg:

I did have a quick read of the Sheffield United forum, to see if there was an issue last week, but nothing much said. However, they were nattering on about previous visits to Peterborough and dear old Colin Morris! :cool:

4,000!?! Blimey.

4,000!?! Blimey.

Indeed, I was shocked, but this is what their forum seemed to confirm :-

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/peterborough-away-folllowing.52223/

Have you seen Sheffield United are away to MK Dons 2nd last game game of the season. Rumour has it that they are going to ask for 10,000 away tickets! (MK Dons have given some away teams 9,000 before).

As for Peterborough giving 4,000 to away fans, they did that when they were in the Championship last time around and they were the most visited club in the Football League (although it was still a terrace behind the goal at the time).

Sounds good.

I guess they are lucky their final match is there and not at, say, somewhere like Fleetwood.

Sounds good. I guess they are lucky their final match is there and not at, say, somewhere like Fleetwood.

Yeah very lucky, it could be worse than Fleetwood how about Wimbledon with only 600 tickets!!
I see we are at Shrewsbury last away game so we could have upto 2,000 there if still pushing for a play-off spot.

Anyway back on track. Just a warning that the Peterborough ticket prices go up £3 on the day. I know its not much if getting just 1 ticket, but if getting a few its worth pointing out.

Here's all about Fleetwood. Ooh, enticing!

"Away fans are mostly housed in the Percy Ronson terrace at one end of the stadium, where 831 fans can be accommodated. This terrace which was opened in 2007, is covered, free from supporting pillars and affords a good view of the playing action. The Club have recently improved the facilities in this area with a new snack bar and toilet block. The terrace capacity also includes an open flat standing area on the Highbury Stand side. The official capacities are 621 for the Percy Ronson Terrace and 210 for the Highbury side standing area. There is an away fans ticket office and programme booth situated outside the visiting supporters entrance.

Visiting supporters are also allocated 300 seats in the Parkside Stand and this can be increased if required. The facilities in this stand are far better than the terrace with alcoholic drinks available to purchase and there are large screens on the concourse showing Sky Sports. For teams with a smaller following then only the Parkside seats will be made available and not the Percy Ronson Terrace. Food on offer inside the Highbury Stadium includes; Cheeseburgers (£3), Hot Dogs (£3) and a range of Hollands Pies (£3)."

I'm guessing Ferdy will be out, so Inniss in for him.

Otherwise same team as yesterday, but I can see where PB could be tempted to rotate Fortune and Ranger/Robinson for this one and consider O'Neill for Wordy to rest him before Saturday.

Millwall have chesterfield at home who are woeful. Bradford aren't playing so a win will put us above bradford in the league. If both us a millwall win it will see bradford drop out of the play off spots for the first time since the start of the season. Psychologically that could ruin their stuttering play off form.

It's simple. We have 14 games to go and need 8 wins to secure a top 6 spot.

Here's all about Fleetwood. Ooh, enticing!

"Away fans are mostly housed in the Percy Ronson terrace at one end of the stadium, where 831 fans can be accommodated. This terrace which was opened in 2007, is covered, free from supporting pillars and affords a good view of the playing action. The Club have recently improved the facilities in this area with a new snack bar and toilet block. The terrace capacity also includes an open flat standing area on the Highbury Stand side. The official capacities are 621 for the Percy Ronson Terrace and 210 for the Highbury side standing area. There is an away fans ticket office and programme booth situated outside the visiting supporters entrance.

Visiting supporters are also allocated 300 seats in the Parkside Stand and this can be increased if required. The facilities in this stand are far better than the terrace with alcoholic drinks available to purchase and there are large screens on the concourse showing Sky Sports. For teams with a smaller following then only the Parkside seats will be made available and not the Percy Ronson Terrace. Food on offer inside the Highbury Stadium includes; Cheeseburgers (£3), Hot Dogs (£3) and a range of Hollands Pies (£3)."

What Fleetwood does have, in my view, is some of the most smiling and pleasant stewards and ticket people - and that is based on around 4 visits to Fleetwood so far.

Hash tag: That'snice

Back