• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'd like to see White back in at RB, he's solid and his priority is defending, which is what we need.

In order for me to agree (or disagree) with you I would need to know who you would put in front of White on the right side of midfield for the game.
I'd actually go for a different formation to change things about.

My team for Tuesday night would be:

Smith
White, Thompson, Innis
O'Neill and Coker as wing backs
Amos, Leonard, Timlin
McGlashan, Cox & Ranger

Smith
White, Thompson, Innis
Amos, Leonard, Timlin
McGlashan, Cox & Ranger

12 players on the pitch would certainly help.

Smith
White, Thompson, Innis
Amos, Leonard, Timlin
McGlashan, Cox & Ranger
Why? Is that not the same formation (with an extra player) that saw us lose every away game 4-0 for a few weeks?

For me, against Peterborough it won't work with the line-up against Oxford and Northampton. Either swap Demetriou for White or swap McGlashan for O'Neill.

Reckon Innis will come in for Ferdinand, as think RF has a muscle strain? Also possibly Ranger to start (MAF, as great as he's been recently looked a little off pace on Saturday). If McGlashan continues then would prefer White to come in at RB over WB Demetriou, as we seemed to be a little exposed defensively since Atkinson has been out. I'd stick with Wordsworth, but would also like to see Amos get at least 25-30 minutes.

Smith

Coker
Innis
Thompson
White

Timlin
Lenny
Wordsworth
McGlashan

Cox
Ranger

subs: Bexton, O'Neill, Demetriou, Amos, Robinson, MAF, Hines

I also wonder if PB will put a CB on the subs bench if Ferdinand is out, maybe White could move over and Amos or Demitriou at RB, if changes needed or could we even see Adam Barrett back as cover (if so would dispense with Hines...)

Last edited:
Do you know, I counted that several times and made it 11 as it looked a lot of names!!! :facepalm:

Ok, well then Ranger to the bench to come off and make an impact.

4-4-2.

We've lost twice since 8th October and one of them was when we changed the system.

It ain't broke!

4-4-2.

We've lost twice since 8th October and one of them was when we changed the system.

It ain't broke!

We were also down to 10 v Millwall so had a 3 man mid-field which does not work for us.

If White is fit I would put him along side Thommo (Anton injured?) and leave Demitreau at RB. Inniss hasn't played much football for a long time and JW has been in full training/Fleetwood etc.
The big question is who to put in midfield with Len, Tims and Woody; MacG does not appear to be a good fit, however if Ranger and cox start up top then maybe we will be more on the front foot.
I believe MAF had an average game on Saturday and maybe is tired and needs to be fresh off the bench after 70 minutes (along with Theo).

I'd also give MAF a breather and start Ranger. Assuming Anton is not fit, I reckon Inniss will be a straight swap.
Can't see too many other changes - personally I'm not 100 % convinced by Demetriou but PB seems to be.
Also I note JW was not on the bench on Saturday - is he still ill or dropped ? Assuming he's fit I'd definitely have him on the bench as cover for all defensive positions if needed. Otherwise it's a question of McG/O'Neill in Atkinson's absence.

If White is fit I would put him along side Thommo (Anton injured?) and leave Demitreau at RB. Inniss hasn't played much football for a long time and JW has been in full training/Fleetwood etc.
The big question is who to put in midfield with Len, Tims and Woody; MacG does not appear to be a good fit, however if Ranger and cox start up top then maybe we will be more on the front foot.
I believe MAF had an average game on Saturday and maybe is tired and needs to be fresh off the bench after 70 minutes (along with Theo).

Agree. Has to be White alongside Tommo. White had a great game alongside Tommo at Fleetwood and Innes fills me with dread everytime he has the ball at his feet.

According to Brown on the radio yesterday White has been ill for a while so I reckon that would rule him out from starting. Innis did fine coming on for AF and gives us a different presence in both penalty areas. Ranger looked really sharp and up for it when he came on so I think he'll replace Fortune. Brown won't be keen to make more changes than that though if he's going to keep McG on the left I'd go for O'Neill on the right .... we may even score from a corner if he plays!

White was training on his own on Saturday before the squad came out for their pre-match warm up; therefore if it was illness and not injury then he should be ok for Tuesday.

I really like the look of Inniss.

Strong, tall and good in the air. Very commanding.

But also seems comfortable on the deck, as well. Came on yesterday and showed no sign of nerves at all. Just slotted straight into the role.

Also think he will become a huge asset for us at attacking set-pieces.

I really like the look of Inniss.

Strong, tall and good in the air. Very commanding.

But also seems comfortable on the deck, as well. Came on yesterday and showed no sign of nerves at all. Just slotted straight into the role.

Also think he will become a huge asset for us at attacking set-pieces.

That early cushioned back header to Ted was a bit squeaky bum for me though.

Back