• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch ... Peterborough

Mick

Life President
After last night's match was played in such a good spirit that Keith Hill was able to appear merely "poor" instead of his usual "appalling", we move on to a tricky looking match at Peterborough with the man in charge being Andy Haines from Tyne and Wear.

A second year referee, he has done Southend twice before (Crewe away last season, Carlisle this) and awarded three penalties against us. Two specifically against Clarke. Hope Clarke remembers !!

His 22 games this season have produced a slightly above average 61 yellows but just 2 reds.

Seems to be doing okay and was trusted with his first Championship match a couple of weeks ago.

His two assistants will be Darren Sheldrake from Surrey who caused Grays some grief last night with a very dubious sending off and Chris Knowles from Northampton. Fourth Official is Gary Jerden from Essex.

After last night's match was played in such a good spirit that Keith Hill was able to appear merely "poor" instead of his usual "appalling", we move on to a tricky looking match at Peterborough with the man in charge being Andy Haines from Tyne and Wear.

A second year referee, he has done Southend twice before (Crewe away last season, Carlisle this) and awarded three penalties against us. Two specifically against Clarke. Hope Clarke remembers !!

His 22 games this season have produced a slightly above average 61 yellows but just 2 reds.

Seems to be doing okay and was trusted with his first Championship match a couple of weeks ago.

His two assistants will be Darren Sheldrake from Surrey who caused Grays some grief last night with a very dubious sending off and Chris Knowles from Northampton. Fourth Official is Gary Jerden from Essex.
Don't get sent off Clarkey!! Please!!

Is that now 4 penalties against us in 3 games?

Yup - astonishing, in fact I would go so far as to say pushing the boundaries of chance to the limit. I don't believe, to put it mildly, that if this was his first time of reffing us, that he would have given that penalty today. Ah well, all's well that ends well!

In the first half of today's game he was simply appalling.

1) The penalty
2) The corner
3) The corner II
4) The free-kick of the edge of the box
5) The free-kick for the Posh player treading on the ball on the touchline

Wouldn't be surprised, if we are allowed to, if we appeal against having him ref one of our games after 4 pens against us in 3 games

He wasn't that bad.

Oh

wait.

Yes, he was. First half he was shocking. Appalling. Second half was better, but then again I could have done better.

That was how I felt too, but he was shocking for both sides, although, obviously, more so for Peterborough ;) Never a penalty in a million years!

I can honestly say it was the worst individual refereeing decision I have ever seen in my life. I would suggest a complaint be put in to the Football League so no other team has to suffer this fool ever again.

I'd still rate Mr Ward much, much worse, and Mr Kettle.....and Mr Singh on his last viewing.

Back