• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pets

Beautiful dog there mate.

What was her temperament like? Soppy I bet.

Bet you loved hoovering up though ?
One family dog, had no interest in anyone else. Great temperament unless she felt the family was threatened then guard dog material, which was one of the reasons we bought her as I was on regular night turn in those days. Her party trick was to pull off your sock and then lick your toes regardless of how long the sock had been on. Absolutely disgusting but she loved doing it.

• Haha
Reactions: GBJ
One family dog, had no interest in anyone else. Great temperament unless she felt the family was threatened then guard dog material, which was one of the reasons we bought her as I was on regular night turn in those days. Her party trick was to pull off your sock and then lick your toes regardless of how long the sock had been on. Absolutely disgusting but she loved doing it.

? My two (especially Zeb, the eldest) loves to do the same.

When I used to hold regular poker nights at mine, my pals knew not to wear shorts, otherwise they’d be licked to death, as Zeb would set up camp under the poker table, and go to work ?

Does my head in tbh, but I know they’re only showing affection.

Reactions: RHB
Before the days of non fade photographs and digital cameras I fished out two shots of our German Shepherd from just ending puppyhood to big lump. Looking at these, plus others, made me just a bit misty. Well never have another like her sadly.

View attachment 12475

View attachment 12476

There is something special about German Shepherds. We had one when I was a kid. Vicki was a great family pet, never raised a hair in anger towards us kids or our other pets and was pretty good around other dogs apart from a dobleman down the road who she would have regular tear-ups with when their paths crossed over the park. I took it pretty hard when she died, still think of her on occasion 30 odd years later.

When I got my second staffy, I was slightly concerned about the possibility of them trying to assert dominance over one another, especially as neither has been neutered.

I needn’t had worried. The pair of them have been inseparable since day dot.

3D25AD58-94D8-43BA-A2D2-95C33E4D3D6D.jpeg

7D860D06-06B2-44FB-B2C8-03B5B03446CB.jpeg

48403574-2A90-496D-9F6B-425C82C71864.jpeg

Last edited:
When I got my second staffy, I was slightly concerned about the possibility of them trying to asset dominance over one another, especially as neither has been neutered.

I needn’t had worried. The pair of them have been inseparable since day dot.

View attachment 12477

View attachment 12478

View attachment 12479

Staffies do get a bad rep but those two look soppy as arseholes. I've become more of a cat kind of guy over the years but still like soppy dogs.

Staffies do get a bad rep but those two look soppy as arseholes. I've become more of a cat kind of guy over the years but still like soppy dogs.

I love cats too. Got a little stray one who knocks about round here. I’ve been feeding him over the last few weeks, and gaining his trust slowly but surely.

Poor bugger is wary as **** and looks like he could do with a good nights sleep & a proper wash & brush up, but he seems like a loving little thing.

Hopefully I’ll be able to give him a second chance.

I love dogs and every staffie I have met has been lovely. It is a type of anus who gets a dog of this type because he thinks it makes him look hard who is the problem. Lack of training and often deliberate brutilisation of the dog is what causes most problems.
Also stupidity about what breed is best for you. We went to Battersea to seek to adopt a dog a while ago. You have to undergo quite a detailed assessment before they will register you, including details of your accommodation.
The guy we spoke to said they had to. One time he interviewed a couple who wanted a Huskey. He asked what size garden they had and how often they could walk the dog. "Oh we both work so not much and we live in a flat".
Dogs are lovely, a lot of humans are scum.

Lovely pics GBJ. My beautiful lurcher has a brain tumour and is near the end. Enjoy your time with your lovely two.

Not a pet but she was a very big part of my life for many years was my working dog. Her name is Kat, yes Kat the Dog! Unfortunately I couldn’t re home her like I wanted too because she didn’t get in with other bitches. And with only having my black lab at the time she obviously wasn’t going anywhere. She is a police dog and served with me in the Falklands. I used her in anger to locate missing persons and track some thieves for Thames Valley Police. I don’t think in my time there was a more successful RAF Police dog. She only ever licensed with me and still to this day in her only handler able to license with her.

558D133A-F1A2-4010-80AF-7A27D18220E9.jpeg

Not a pet but she was a very big part of my life for many years was my working dog. Her name is Kat, yes Kat the Dog! Unfortunately I couldn’t re home her like I wanted too because she didn’t get in with other bitches. And with only having my black lab at the time she obviously wasn’t going anywhere. She is a police dog and served with me in the Falklands. I used her in anger to locate missing persons and track some thieves for Thames Valley Police. I don’t think in my time there was a more successful RAF Police dog. She only ever licensed with me and still to this day in her only handler able to license with her.

View attachment 12480

Beaut.

What happened to her, do you know? Was she rehomed & do you ever keep in contact with the owner?

Thank you.

How old is he/she? Always devastating to see a pet get sick.
She is going on 14 we think, she was around 6 when we rescued her. Had been in an abusive house, then on the streets the in dogs homes until we get her. She was the first dog into Wickford Dog's Trust, bless them. The most l9ving dog I have ever known.

Reactions: GBJ
She is going on 14 we think, she was around 6 when we rescued her. Had been in an abusive house, then on the streets the in dogs homes until we get her. She was the first dog into Wickford Dog's Trust, bless them. The most l9ving dog I have ever known.

Well at least she’s had a decent life with you’s. She was one of the lucky ones.

Beaut.

What happened to her, do you know? Was she rehomed & do you ever keep in contact with the owner?

She got moved to an army unit and I lost touch, I’ve been trying to track her down again as I know she was due to be re homes as they asked me. I did say to let me know who she goes too. Need to push it a bit more to find out.

She was an absolute beast of a dog, looked all sweet and innocent but when it all kicked off she was a lunatic!

4E9314EB-0DC8-495C-9CE6-50DBD16B59D5.jpeg

The little stray cat that’s been living outside for a while is beginning to trust me more and more.

He’s been in the house a couple of times over the last few days, and is getting more and more comfortable.

Still a drawn out process, but he’s getting closer to a new home.

She got moved to an army unit and I lost touch, I’ve been trying to track her down again as I know she was due to be re homes as they asked me. I did say to let me know who she goes too. Need to push it a bit more to find out.

She was an absolute beast of a dog, looked all sweet and innocent but when it all kicked off she was a lunatic!

View attachment 12482

Beautiful doggo.

Shooey The Wonder Cat is at least 15 now. He's the last of the three, including his late Mum, that Mrs Noxious brought to our new marital home in 2008. He was (and still is) incredibly wary of strangers and ran from me when I first met him at Mrs Nox's old place. He had a tough start - he apparently came out backwards in delivery and had to be massaged to life by Mrs Nox. Also, my step-daughter had to help him to learn to walk properly as his unusually long back legs used to drag along behind him until she used to help position them for him to get into an eventual walking routine. The other thing that happened was that a chair fell on his tail and 'killed' it - it lay limp behind him and his Mum apparently took it in her mouth and tried to run off with it. He had to have it amputated so he has a little bob tail there now - which Mrs Nox and family have always called a 'barp' - and that is why he's called the 'Wonder Cat' as he looks a bit of a cross between a bear due to his long legs and barp. And the Shooey bit is due to another accident - he had a problem with one of his back legs and had to wear a medical shoe like appliance on it for a while and it made him look like an ungainly clown reportedly. Anyway, he's had all his teeth out these last few years but he likes nothing more than a good old rough and tumble with any cats that encroach upon his space in the pathway between the utility room - where his food bowl is - and this hole in a 'trap door' out the back which leads to steps down to the back gate where there's another space for an ersatz cat flap that leads out to the lane behind Fort Nox. We've witnessed some frenzied cartoon-like scrapes where he's been rolling around with other cats towards the trap door where they end up going flying down the hole to continue their ruck out the back.

Just got more info. from Mrs Noxious about those post-op sights: -

"He cut the pad or his paw on something outside. Came in treading a paw print blood trail. The Vet heavily bandaged his entire leg, not just the foot. Blue. The bandage was heavy, so it worked down as he walked. To become a clown shoe."

"When his tail was amputated he had a bright pink helicopter propellor bandage."

Oh yeah, that's reminded me. My other step-daughter had this nutty Jack Russell, 'Doey', that was very interested in that region underneath the tail. Because what was left of it pushed upwards, Doey always made a bee-line for Shooey's back end as it looked quite big and inviting so poor old Shooe's a sexual abuse survivor too. Anyway, here's a couple of pics to show off his barp (yesteryear) and one from last week where he commandeered my grand-son's carry cot. He's a very needy fella and one of us always has to be here at Fort Nox so that he doesn't get any more traumatised than he already is.

Shooey Barp.jpg

Shoee Carry Me Cot.jpg

Last edited:
Shooey The Wonder Cat is at least 15 now. He's the last of the three, including his late Mum, that Mrs Noxious brought to our new marital home in 2008. He was (and still is) incredibly wary of strangers and ran from me when I first met him at Mrs Nox's old place. He had a tough start - he apparently came out backwards in delivery and had to be massaged to life by Mrs Nox. Also, my step-daughter had to help him to learn to walk properly as his unusually long back legs used to drag along behind him until she used to help position them for him to get into an eventual walking routine. The other thing that happened was that a chair fell on his tail and 'killed' it - it lay limp behind him and his Mum apparently took it in her mouth and tried to run off with it. He had to have it amputated so he has a little bob tail there now - which Mrs Nox and family have always called a 'barp' - and that is why he's called the 'Wonder Cat' as he looks a bit of a cross between a bear due to his long legs and barp. And the Shooey bit is due to another accident - he had a problem with one of his back legs and had to wear a medical shoe like appliance on it for a while and it made him look like an ungainly clown reportedly. Anyway, he's had all his teeth out these last few years but he likes nothing more than a good old rough and tumble with any cats that encroach upon his space in the pathway between the utility room - where his food bowl is - and this hole in a 'trap door' out the back which leads to steps down to the back gate where there's another space for an ersatz cat flap that leads out to the lane behind Fort Nox. We've witnessed some frenzied cartoon-like scrapes where he's been rolling around with other cats towards the trap door where they end up going flying down the hole to continue their ruck out the back.

Just got more info. from Mrs Noxious about those post-op sights: -

"He cut the pad or his paw on something outside. Came in treading a paw print blood trail. The Vet heavily bandaged his entire leg, not just the foot. Blue. The bandage was heavy, so it worked down as he walked. To become a clown shoe."

"When his tail was amputated he had a bright pink helicopter propellor bandage."

Oh yeah, that's reminded me. My other step-daughter had this nutty Jack Russell, 'Doey', that was very interested in that region underneath the tail. Because what was left of it pushed upwards, Doey always made a bee-line for Shooey's back end as it looked quite big and inviting so poor old Shooe's a sexual abuse survivor too. Anyway, here's a couple of pics to show off his barp (yesteryear) and one from last week where he commandeered my grand-son's carry cot. He's a very needy fella and one of us always has to be here at Fort Nox so that he doesn't get any more traumatised than he already is.

View attachment 12513

View attachment 12514

Blimey, he’s been through the wars, poor old boy.

Back