• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He said earlier that the costs of policing a game is included in the tickets and Saturday wasn't policed properly.

Most interesting was when he said he's in favour of standing and used to love standing under the lights at Sunderland

He does get about our Mr Tango!...after Col U he was on the ITV programme, On Sunday he was down in Bournemouth commentating on the Arsenal game then last night up at Posh...

The club have been quite lukewarm to the idea of safe standing at Fossetts Farm. I know legislation doesn't allow for it yet, but it will soon. We don't want to be left behind so the option to convert has to be there when (if) the new ground is built.

The club have been quite lukewarm to the idea of safe standing at Fossetts Farm. I know legislation doesn't allow for it yet, but it will soon. We don't want to be left behind so the option to convert has to be there when (if) the new ground is built.

by the time Fossetts Farm finally gets built it might have been brought back and then banned again

By the time Fossetts farm is built most of us will need special zimmer frame areas never mind standing!

Safe standing is win win for all involved in my opinion. There are those that want to stand and those that want to sit, neither are right or wrong, it's just personal preference for your own enjoyment of the game. So why not give the fans the choice to segregate themselves?

People talk about safety but if you put safe standing behind one goal and away supporters behind the other then you wouldn't have fans goading each other all game and you might find there is a more supportive and positive atmosphere in the ground.

I really think the club should embrace it and support it at Fossetts Farm. Even if we ever make the Premier League/Championship again and they don't allow it, they can be bolted back in to seats so I don't see what the problem is.

Has Shrimperzone ever done a poll to see what Southend fans consensus is? If we support it, I would like the club to publicly support it.

Safe standing is win win for all involved in my opinion. There are those that want to stand and those that want to sit, neither are right or wrong, it's just personal preference for your own enjoyment of the game. So why not give the fans the choice to segregate themselves?

People talk about safety but if you put safe standing behind one goal and away supporters behind the other then you wouldn't have fans goading each other all game and you might find there is a more supportive and positive atmosphere in the ground.

I really think the club should embrace it and support it at Fossetts Farm. Even if we ever make the Premier League/Championship again and they don't allow it, they can be bolted back in to seats so I don't see what the problem is.

Has Shrimperzone ever done a poll to see what Southend fans consensus is? If we support it, I would like the club to publicly support it.

I don't think every Southend fan comes on here.
Clubs don't want fans standing as they can't charge as much - it's that simple.

I don't think every Southend fan comes on here.
Clubs don't want fans standing as they can't charge as much - it's that simple.

They don't need to charge as much because you can cram more people in by allowing them to stand. I don't think revenue has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
They don't need to charge as much because you can cram more people in my allowing them to stand. I don't think revenue has anything to do with it.

Yeah its more a health and safety issue and hence stewarding (an area which Southend havent covered themselves in glory recently!)

They don't need to charge as much because you can cram more people in by allowing them to stand. I don't think revenue has anything to do with it.

That logic only works if the game is a sell out, announcing that there is a standing area isn't going to attract a couple thousand more fans to Roots Hall.

I think AAS conducted a poll a couple of years back! Jai will know.

Not sure you can get any more in.

Even in safe standing you still have a seat, its just raised. Might be smaller than a normal seat but doesnt sound likely as the seat still needs to be fit for purpose should it be needed to be used.

Not sure you can get any more in.

Even in safe standing you still have a seat, its just raised. Might be smaller than a normal seat but doesnt sound likely as the seat still needs to be fit for purpose should it be needed to be used.

So the cost of a ticket is still irrelevant. If they have to put in a seat (albeit a foldaway one) will still cost the same as putting in a fixed seat, so the amount the clubs can justifiably charge will not change.

So the cost of a ticket is still irrelevant. If they have to put in a seat (albeit a foldaway one) will still cost the same as putting in a fixed seat, so the amount the clubs can justifiably charge will not change.

Other than the value for money in that you have to stand up, but if you are choosing to go into the standing area that's your choice.

Back