• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can't believe some of the things I'm seeing on here. For the love of Christ, he hardly roasted him did he? Hardly ripped him to shreds or said anything brutal? He made a correct observation and clubbed it together with some praise for Clohessy's consistent and good performances this season. What's the big deal? And why are people jumping on this when they seem quite happy to conveniently forget Sturrock publically criticising David Martin's mistake last season before dropping him and starting what was effectively a 6-month punishment against him? It's all part and parcel. A load of you were moaning when Tilson said the "same thing" about players working their socks off and being unlucky after every match, and now we have a manager who is honest, tells it like it is and makes some intelligent and correct observations, you're all up in arms! I actually think it was GOOD management - he complimented his consistency and form, for crying out loud. It's his way of challenging him to keep his standards up.

Sean Clohessy is a professional footballer and if he can't take a tiny bit of criticism from his manager post-match, whether public or not, then he's in the wrong profession. Brown isn't his mate, he's his boss. If Brown had absolutely relentlessly laid into him and humilated him in public then I could see your points, but he didn't. Any pro worth his salt would brush off something which really, in the grand scheme of things, was very insignificant and work on proving the gaffer wrong. As it is, I think a lot of you are making something out of nothing, and if Clohessy reads these boards, he's probably looking at this wondering what all the fuss is about.

Another way to look at it - if Sean Clohessy (or his agent) think that they can court clubs at a higher level or demand more money, which they could well be doing of course, then this might be Phil Brown's way of saying "hang on a minute, don't get ahead of yourself, you might have been the best and most consistent performer over the past 3 seasons but you're still capable of making a mistake which shows you up to be a League 2 player". Just a theory on my part but if that was the case, then I applaud that approach.

So we get four pages of absolute clap trap before anyone says anything even remotely sensible. There are even some on here that think they know the inner feelings of a player! Truly incredible. Symptom of the modern age where every tiny detail gets dissected and put under the microscope...before being put back together again, usually completely wrong. For goodness sake get a grip....let our manager manage. Judge him if you must at Christmas. Laughable...... (great post by James the Super Blue BTW.)

SOME OF YOU SEEM TO THINK ITS OK TO PICK OUT ONE SINGLE PLAYER, SO WHY IS IT DIFFERENT IF THE MANAGAR DOES,AND ALL I READ IS HE SAYS ClOHESSY MADE A MISTAKE THAT LED TO THE GOAL ,THATS NOT BLAMING HIM FOR THE DEFEAT , WHAT HE BLAMED FOR THE DEFEAT IS THE PLAYERS ALL OF THEM, FOR THE LACKING BOTTLE TO BE ABLE TO FIGHT BACK .RECKON HES HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD ABOUT THEM NOT HAVING ANY BOTTLE,IF THEY HAVE ITS PROBABLY HALF FULL OF WHISKEY.

Back