• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bratislava Blue

Manager
Just been mentioned that he'll be on tomorrow morning. Alan Brazil passed comment about Burtons second goal.... Blamed Bentley.... Those that were there... What are your thoughts? Looking forward to hearing what he has to say in the morning..:sad:

Shouldn't he be preparing for a huge match on Saturday, we're now closer to slipping out of the play offs than getting automatic promotion :'(

Not sure I see the problem here, if it's before training and doesn't get in the way, what's the harm?

I am not a Brown fan but I think a lot of people need to take a deep breath and see that he is not the devil incarnate. We're 5th, not 15th.

Not sure I see the problem here, if it's before training and doesn't get in the way, what's the harm?

I am not a Brown fan but I think a lot of people need to take a deep breath and see that he is not the devil incarnate. We're 5th, not 15th.

Totally agree...:thumbsup:

Phil Brown should be working 24/7 for Southend United. Working anywhere else is anti Southend United. All his energy should be focused on the club and nowhere else. Why? Because he is in charge of something public - the hopes, dreams and aspirations of the supporters. It's the same with politicians. Should be one job and one job only. They get paid enough after all. This of course makes Ron the one to blame because he hired him, however Phil should not have accepted the job either. Given the choice between a good manager who works 24/7 for the club and one who dosent, who yer gonna pick?

Phil Brown should be working 24/7 for Southend United. Working anywhere else is anti Southend United. All his energy should be focused on the club and nowhere else. Why? Because he is in charge of something public - the hopes, dreams and aspirations of the supporters. It's the same with politicians. Should be one job and one job only. They get paid enough after all. This of course makes Ron the one to blame because he hired him, however Phil should not have accepted the job either. Given the choice between a good manager who works 24/7 for the club and one who dosent, who yer gonna pick?

What a load of rubbish, nobody would bat an eyelid if Phil was playing golf this morning before training. Why is there this assumption that because Phil does media work he puts in less time than other managers? This isn't intended as a low blow as I know he had health issues, but Phil puts in a lot more time that Sturrock did

Complete TOSH.... Recording the football league show on a Saturday night, whilst watching and discussing opposition. Yeah that's real anti Southend.

Forget 24/7.... How about some of us home fans putting in a decent 90mins once ever 2 weeks, starting this Saturday.

I disagree Mr Icke. If he is working 24/7 how can he be committed to the job as that would mean not getting a decent amount of rest to prepare him for the next day. A careless attitude.

Brown is a human being, not a robot. If his media work lets him take a step back then what's the harm?

Personally I think David Icke should stop supporting Southend and posting on ShrimperZone, because it's clearly impacted on his TV presenting job and his book-writing career.

I read a recent article about Paul Scholes who said he didn't apply for the Oldham job as he would want to give it his Full Time commitment and not do any more media work.

Well why didn't Paul Scholes sack off the media work and become the Oldham manager? No ones forcing him to do the media stuff. Personally, I'd much rather not listen his useless comments on the TV anyway.

I read a recent article about Paul Scholes who said he didn't apply for the Oldham job as he would want to give it his Full Time commitment and not do any more media work.

Difference is Scholes commenting on games, including having to fly abroad.

Big different to just popping up at dawn to go to Talksport for a couple of hours now and again.

This issue rears its head every time we lose, but funnily enough isn't mentioned at all when we win. There are plenty of sticks to beat Brown with. The fact he's willing to spend a few hours in Alan Brazil's company, however bizarre that behaviour is, isn't one of them.

This issue rears its head every time we lose, but funnily enough isn't mentioned at all when we win. There are plenty of sticks to beat Brown with. The fact he's willing to spend a few hours in Alan Brazil's company, however bizarre that behaviour is, isn't one of them.

I am surprised anyone is remotely interested in the views of a lower division manager who's won nothing tangible in almost seven years.

Totally agree with that. He is also running the London marathon. That takes hours of training every week, should he stop that as well?

Back