• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I want the manager of my club to devote himself totally to my club. Punditry, and other work can all wait til later. That's why I blame Ron. Our leader should have written up an employment contract that excludes anything that may reduce focus, energy and ambition within such an important job. That's what I would've done if I were Ron.

But you're not paying the wages of the manager of the club are you? You also won't have a clue as to what he is or isn't allowed to do and whether it's with or without Ron's consent.

He is higher profile than most other L2 managers and I suspect we only have him on what we can pay because we allow him to do all his media work to supplement his income.

But you're not paying the wages of the manager of the club are you? You also won't have a clue as to what he is or isn't allowed to do and whether it's with or without Ron's consent.

Well it's fairly obvious Ronald employs him, allowing him to punditise. I would never allow a manager of mine to have second jobs and you'll find there are a lot of chairman like that. That said I don't want rid of Phil until his term of office reaches its natural conclusion. Once that happens can we please employ a manager who works solely for us and dosent have a part time window cleaning round and an evening pub job!

Well it's fairly obvious Ronald employs him, allowing him to punditise. I would never allow a manager of mine to have second jobs and you'll find there are a lot of chairman like that. That said I don't want rid of Phil until his term of office reaches its natural conclusion. I don't want rid of Phil until his term of office reaches its natural conclusion. Once that happens can we please employ a manager who works solely for us and dosent have a part time window cleaning round and an evening pub job!

Could you please tell me when that is?

Personally I think David Icke should stop supporting Southend and posting on ShrimperZone, because it's clearly impacted on his TV presenting job and his book-writing career.

Yep. If I gave up the TV presenting job and the book-writing, my posts would be so much better.

If if we were top 3 or higher and playing nice football then the average fan would not care if Phil had his own chat show whilst putting in the occasional appearance in Coronation Street.

I don't think the average fan does care. It's only people like you that seem to care, and let's be honest, your views are hardly that of the average fan.

If he's on Talksport until 10am he can't possibly make training, so how can it be spare time.
Am I missing something ?? Quinny took over on the early shift?? And Brazil said that Browny wasn't coming in??

I stopped listening before 8 , and he wasn't on it then....??

If he's on Talksport until 10am he can't possibly make training, so how can it be spare time.

It might be. I know they normally have Wednesday off but clearly that didn't happen this week. Maybe they have a bit of extra down time scheduled in Friday morning to keep them fresh for Saturday?

Seems like a conflict of interests to me.

What like posting on the zone when you should be booking peoples holiday
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

Back