• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just got this from a Swindon Seaso

Sound familiar ?

I must admit I am shocked as although our chairman is terrible he is notorious for acting far too late. I am sad for Brown in all honesty, he inherited a ill-balanced squad from Flitcroft and while the results weren’t great at the end of last year a lot of fans were calling for him to stay on permanently as the football was 100% better than what Flitcroft served up (not that was too hard to improve to be fair- think John Beck’s Cambridge but a not very effective version).

Brown’s fatal mistake was all summer he was talking us up when he had his own squad and although he had one of the lowest budgets in the league he seemed to have left us weaker, we have 7 centre midfielders , only 2 recognised out and out strikers and no cover for Matty Taylor who is still arguably our best player but at 37 years old even Brown had said its unfair to expect 46 games from him this year.

Tactically as well he lost the plot, as I mentioned the other day , the start of the season he had us playing some seriously good stuff , some of the best football I’ve seen at Swindon in years. We get one heavy defeat at Lincoln and since then he has chopped and changed formations, players being played in bizarre positions etc. I was prepared to give him a little longer given the lack of support he had but the final straw for a lot of fans is that of late he was taking to sniping at the fans in the local media which is sad because if you were to look at the forums on the day that he was appointed most fans liked the way he talked a good game , “this club has underachieved for too long”, “you walk through the corridors of the club and the history weighs heavy” , “we need to be inspired by the greats of this football club, the likes of Don Rogers , Mike Summerbee , Ardiles, Hoddle, Macari”

I wish I could say things will improve for us, we’ve appointed Richie Wellens , sacked by Oldham last year

I think Wellens will be a good appointment for Swindon. For someone who was relatively inexperienced, Wellens showed quite a bit of promise at Oldham before getting fired.

I see that Asia’s largest music festival is due to start in Pune on 29th December. It’s called the Sunburn Festival.

FORMER Southend United manager Phil Brown has been named as the new head coach of Indian Super League side FC Pune City.

More...

John Gregory has done well for himself out there, no doubt he will be on big money out there. Wonder if he’ll take McGlashan out there with him :Winking2:

I wonder if Phil will write us all a diary update to tell us how he got on at Swindon and why he is going out to India to join the Orange Army? Perhaps he will feel right at home there?

Back