• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is Peter Clarke solely to blame for our position in the league this season?

When is the winner of the competition to name the parade of shops at the new stadium going to be announced? As I haven't heard anything should I assume I haven't won?

How liquid are our assets? Are the players being paid on time every month? Is the average home attendance as good as expected and/or budgeted?
Will you be bringing more youth players into the team? Is this a long-term strategy or a cheap way of getting players? Does Ron regret the openness of his blogs last season?

When are we getting the new state of the art scoreboard?

I'd prefer to keep the current one. It may not reflect the score (although it's not exactly difficult to keep count is it?) but it does reflect the town ie it's tacky, seen better days and needs investment as too much of it isn't working.

For PS:

Hi heid yin,

If you dinnae sign Sawyer ye'll get yir heid in yir hauns an yir lugs ti pley wi!

Lang may yer lum reek

Dean

What's the expected loss for this season?

What's the expected loss for next season?

When do you envisage SUFC Ltd breaking even?

When is the eggheads programme being shown?

Under the Sainsburys deal, as I understand it, we've got finance for the next two seasons. What then happens?

Who's your favourite Shrimperzone poster?

What average crowd did we budget for?

Did we budget for a cup run this year?

Bart or Flavs?

Read or Jones?

Any news on the CPOs?

Tara Brady, you claim to be a Southend fan. What's your worst ever XI of players you've had the misfortune to see?

Paul Sturrock, have you considered the downside to signing Sawyer: namely that he'll be a lightening rod for fan discontent if you don't pick him?

Name a fish?

What do you hope to achieve from this discussion when you are likely to be preaching to the converted with the disillusioned dismissing everything coming from the club as at best propaganda and worst lies?

I hope you lot that have questions have emailed BBC Essex or plan to phone/text in tomorrow night.

They need to be grilled!

Anyone get the feeling that any stadium/finance/CPOS questions are going to be answered with - "thats with the chairman and he hasn't divulged that information to us". I'll be most surprised if something is said that we don't already know.
On the off chance they do know something about the plans, Will the groundwork be done in time to meet the current planning deadline?
Has a contractor been decided on?
When is the independent valuation of the shops at Roots Hall being done?
Whats the darn hold up!

Back