• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Is our Wembley hero fast becoming an unwanted player at Charlton .Now they have brought in another striker maybe he will be coming our way sooner than later .Lets hope so anyway would be a good foil for mooney to work with .

Actually becomes more likely he will come if a little time passes- hopefully he will see who is coming in and think well actually that look better- I think Mooney and Pigott would not be a bad Partnership- Pigott is not a target man- he more a clover striker player off a target man- in fact he got a bit frustrated last year saying he is not a target man and hence he really doesn't like one up front- he could probably do a very good job just behind the main striker as his strength is on deck

If possible id like Piggott back for this season. Lookd a decent player and I think he could do a job in league one

Mooney and piggott up front with Wordsworth supporting the strikers will do for me to start the season:thumbsup:

Serious question. Would you really want him back if he hadn't scored at Wembley?

Serious question. Would you really want him back if he hadn't scored at Wembley?

Yes, I would. For me he made a refreshing change from a striker who may have been a God to many, but to me was always moaning to refs and not making enough impact on defenders he should have.

Actually becomes more likely he will come if a little time passes- hopefully he will see who is coming in and think well actually that look better- I think Mooney and Pigott would not be a bad Partnership- Pigott is not a target man- he more a clover striker player off a target man- in fact he got a bit frustrated last year saying he is not a target man and hence he really doesn't like one up front- he could probably do a very good job just behind the main striker as his strength is on deck
Oink! :pig:

Yes, started very well for us and even though the goals dried up for him he was helping others score. He is still young, so will just get better and better. 7 goals in 23 games for us isn't bad for a 21 year old and every striker goes through goal droughts.

Yes, started very well for us and even though the goals dried up for him he was helping others score. He is still young, so will just get better and better. 7 goals in 23 games for us isn't bad for a 21 year old and every striker goes through goal droughts.

Going by the interview he had, he only expected to be at Southend for the initial month, which is when the goals came... Wasn't it only once it got extended he stopped scoring, maybe not being where he wanted to be had an affect on his form.

If possible id like Pigott back for this season. Lookd a decent player and I think he could do a job in league one

That comment sounds like you are thinking of a loan move or is it me just misreading the post?

Why not go for a signing?

I understand the question mark over the player given that the goals did dry up but as others have said he is young and has shown potential. Besides which he (Pigott) would not be the only attacking signing that we would be making - so far we have Williams and Mooney - add Pigott and one other and we would be faced with some decent options when you take into account Payne as well. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That comment sounds like you are thinking of a loan move or is it me just misreading the post?

Why not go for a signing?

I understand the question mark over the player given that the goals did dry up but as others have said he is young and has shown potential. Besides which he (Pigott) would not be the only attacking signing that we would be making - so far we have Williams and Mooney - add Pigott and one other and we would be faced with some decent options when you take into account Payne as well. :thumbsup:
Loan move could suit all parties or as Brown likes him a longer deal could be a good option too if a contract could be agreed

I love the pig really hope we get him with a very fast forward two up front mr brown

Back