• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Now I and a few other around me could not see the point of watering an allready poor pitch .The goal mouth is allready like a mud heap .So why on earth was the sprinklers spraying water in that same area making the mud sticky .I know the idear of watering is to slicking up the playing surface but the goal mouths really dont need any water on them .

Could be that as sand gets firmer the wetter it is, so the sand on the pitch would become more stable if watered?

The pitch was dry, and was being watered prior to the ground opening also. The purpose of such activity is 3 fold:

1) To ensure the playing surface is sufficiently lubricated to assist with free flowing football, and allowing the ball to 'zip' along the grass.
2) To soften the surface, this will allow an appropriate amount of 'give' and enable the football boot studs to penetrate the surface and prove stability under foot.
3) To stop the grass becoming dehydrated.

That is exactly what I said yesterday and I got a tiny bit wet during half time - although not as wet of what I would have done had I visited the Ladies

That is exactly what I said yesterday and I got a tiny bit wet during half time - although not as wet of what I would have done had I visited the Ladies

Yes, the spray from the sprinklers hit us too during half time! Goodness knows how wet all those people on the pitch got during their demonstrations!!!

Incidentally, the ladies has been much better....including the heating being on. I had a major moan about it, as I didn't think water leaking out of the light fittings was the best of ideas!

Now I and a few other around me could not see the point of watering an allready poor pitch .The goal mouth is allready like a mud heap .So why on earth was the sprinklers spraying water in that same area making the mud sticky .I know the idear of watering is to slicking up the playing surface but the goal mouths really dont need any water on them .

They're not flooding the pitch, they're giving it the equivalent of a light shower.

FWIW I thought the pitch looked pretty good, in terms how it did a month or two:thumbsup: back

Back