• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Places to eat in Southend

GREENGRASS

Hello Shrimps,

Firstly unlucky on your LDV defeat....but well done on getting to the final.A good day out no doubt (apart from the result)

Im travelling up for the big one on the 30th and was wondering where the best places are to grab a good meal before the match.Somewhere family friendly...good food & beer ! Thanks for your help.

Enjoy the rest of the season

GG

Noble House in nearby Chalkwell, it's always swarming in there and your sure to get a table
wink.gif

Viccolino's in Queens Road (just off the high street).
The Noble House - you wicked lot! (It's just been shut down because of cockroaches!)
wow.gif

If you're coming by car give yourself an extra hour or so and visit a very small fish and chip place in old leigh. Its the best.

We have the usual array of Witherspoons/ Hogs Heads etcs in the High Street area.

The Blue Boar near the ground does Thai food ( I am not sure about Friday/matchdays but I can't see why they wouldn't)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ April 13 2005,12:24)]If you're coming  by car give yourself an extra hour or so and visit a very small fish and chip place in old leigh. Its the best.
It's called they Mayflower and I believe they use traditional beef dripping instead of vegetable oil.

Top chips!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ April 13 2005,12:20)]Viccolino's in Queens Road (just off the high street).
The Noble House - you wicked lot! (It's just been shut down because of cockroaches!)  
wow.gif
There's always one who has to be sensible
tounge.gif
and actually it is no longer shut down, it reopened recently.

Clarke's on the seafront opposite Adventure Island does great Fish and Chips, not sure I'd recommend any of the pubs down there though

Well, I'm still very much of the view that the best fish'n'chips in town (surely de rigeur  for visiting fans) are to be found at Bailey's Fish Fry Inn on the Eastern Esplanade.  A sizeable slab of cod, in a room which still retains its Art Nouveau charm in terms of its interior decoration, a strong cuppa... and then join us in the Spread for ales and friendly banter.  It's what I'd recommend, for sure.

If you're after scenic ales, then a mini pub-crawl in Old Leigh (Crooked Billet, Peterboat, The Smack) takes plenty of beating...

smile.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 13 2005,12:38)]Well, I'm still very much of the view that the best fish'n'chips in town (surely de rigeur  for visiting fans) are to be found at Bailey's Fish Fry Inn on the Eastern Esplanade.  A sizeable slab of cod, in a room which still retains its Art Nouveau charm in its interior, a strong cuppa... and then join us in the Spread for ales and friendly banter.  It's what I'd recommend, for sure.

If you're after scenic ales, then a mini pub-crawl in Old Leigh (Crooked Billet, Peterboat, The Smack) takes plenty of beating...

smile.gif

Matt
The Fish and Chip place in Queens Road is good too.

The fish house right by the ground is always worth a visit!

Probably the best fish and chip shop in Southend!

It's near the traffic lights not far from where the Blue Boar pub is!

They do an awesome meal called a cod special for £2.50 odd.

Always does a trade in there, and i for one will miss it should we move to this new ground.

The town centre is only 10-15 minutes walk, and lots of eateries can be found there.

UP THE BLUES!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ April 13 2005,13:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (GREENGRASS @ April 13 2005,12:03)]Hello Shrimps,
And it's Shrimpers not Shrimps, by the way.

Grrrrrrrrr!
yeah I would not even bothered replying if he cant get our bloody our name right.....

Its like me saying Hello Plovers.....

Up The Mighthy SHRIMPERS !!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ April 13 2005,18:42)]Or there's the fab food in the ground....:(
cruel Rob, very cruel. The lad only wanted some advice and now you're trying to kill him
biggrin.gif

Back