• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning permission for Fossetts

brigadista

Youth Team
Apologies if this has already been shared before, but I can’t see it pinned.

Despite numerous search engine entries and trawling SBC website, it appears the documentation for approved planning permission at Fossett’s is nowhere to be found.

Does anyone have a link please?

There is stuff re the 1994 local plan, the 1999 revised plan and permission relating to the adjacent NHS site, but I cannot locate anything re the training pitches, Roots Hall or the stadium.

Thanks in advance.

Despite numerous search engine entries and trawling SBC website, it appears the documentation for approved planning permission at Fossett’s is nowhere to be found.

There is stuff re the 1994 local plan, the 1999 revised plan and permission relating to the adjacent NHS site, but I cannot locate anything re the training pitches, Roots Hall or the stadium.

Thanks in advance.

I think I stuck a link to it in a post a few days ago

MattE did the link. I forget the thread as there are so many. If you go onto the council website look up planning applications and I usually just put in stadium in the search and it should come up. It's the plans with the most recent date. As I've said because there are so many pages some very detailed I've put the simple plans in a folder so I don't have to trawl through the whole thing every time. I don't know if it is possible to transfer a folder to someone else?

Thanks in advance.
Try this mate…

MattE did the link. I forget the thread as there are so many. If you go onto the council website look up planning applications and I usually just put in stadium in the search and it should come up. It's the plans with the most recent date. As I've said because there are so many pages some very detailed I've put the simple plans in a folder so I don't have to trawl through the whole thing every time. I don't know if it is possible to transfer a folder to someone else?
Can you find the one with the dates? If so I can pin the thread.

Fantastic, thank you all.

Do you know if the Roots hall planning permission is also included in this or if there’s any reference to the contingent completion of FF before RH can be developed within this permission?

I will print all the associated docs in smithy’s link and read through, but interested mainly in this.

I’ve seen it stated before that the council have insisted RH has to be developed. This seems odd to me, as if there was no stadium at FF, they could have more houses/units, meet their quota/targets and not face the in town congestion issues RH would create as a residential site.

Cheers

Fantastic, thank you all.

Do you know if the Roots hall planning permission is also included in this or if there’s any reference to the contingent completion of FF before RH can be developed within this permission?

I will print all the associated docs in smithy’s link and read through, but interested mainly in this.

I’ve seen it stated before that the council have insisted RH has to be developed. This seems odd to me, as if there was no stadium at FF, they could have more houses/units, meet their quota/targets and not face the in town congestion issues RH would create as a residential site.

Cheers
Separate planning permission - also granted

Talking about the stadium made me think of naming rights. OK we will not be the Emirates but I'm sure some company will be interested. When I was in San Diego a few years ago just behind where they hold ComiCon and near where the bar scenes were shot in Top Gun is a Baseball stadium called Petco park. Funny name I thought for a stadium. I later find out it is a billion dollar pet food company in the US founded in San Diego.
BTW Populous designed that stadium as well.

well I've had a look. Not sure I want to wade through the 53 pages of the decision notice but it basically sets out the requirements that the development has to fulfil both in terms of phasing and discussion as the scheme develops with the council. If you click document and then view documents you get all the paperwork. Although the letter is dated Feb 2022 on the website it is called
PublicDecision Notice - 17/00733/FULMTuesday, January 3, 2023
We probably need someone with a planning background to really give an authoritative view but it seems to me this is you have planning permission but you have to liaise at every point, you can't do this before this is done and you need to do this to satisfy this regulation.

As said this is the biggest development in the town in my lifetime apart from the town centre development in the 60s/70s. and the council want to get it right. Indeed they have a statutory responsibility to do so.

Not sure what this relates to specifically but was in this weeks council planning applications list..
View attachment 24144
Clause 60 A of the planning permission of Fossets relates to the need of a site land contamination survey to be carried out.

I guess that has now been completed and the council needs to rubber stamp that it has been completed.

1673087438753.png

I'll have a more detailed look next week but it's certainly not bad news. Let's face it as soon as something happens at FF, the first digger arrives or the first hoarding is erected it'll be all over SZ.

OK. This is the very technical and very long report by Geotechnical and Environmental Associated Ltd into the FF site and the surrounding area comprising of an analysis of the site, possible contaminated land, water table etc etc. It is so long I'd need to print it out as my brain can only take so much screen time.

Powerhaus say in their covering letter
Condition 60 Part A states that no development shall commence other than demolition, site clearance, removal of underground tanks and old structures until an investigation and risk assessment has been submitted. The risk assessment shall assess the nature and extent of any contamination on the site, where or not it originates on the site. A Ground Investigations Report has been prepared by Geotechnical and Environmental Associated Ltd (GEA). The report includes a contaminated land assessment which has been undertaken by a suitably qualified and competent professional in accordance with the methodology presented by the Environment Agency in their Land Contamination Risk Assessment published October 2020. The report describes the findings of the ground investigations undertaken by GEA. The purpose of the investigations has been to determine the ground conditions, to assess the extent of any contamination and to provide information to assist with the design of retaining walls and foundations. The investigation detected the presence of contamination, as such a remediation report will be prepared in due course to satisfy Condition 60 Part B. We welcome early registration of the application. Should you have any queries, please contact either Mary Power (07496 611110 or mp@powerhausconsultancy.co.uk) or Harriet Young (0207 724 0510 or hy@powerhausconsultancy.co.uk). Yours faithfully, PowerHaus Consultancy PowerHaus Consultancy

Wonder if Geotechnical and Environmental Associated Ltd will get the contract for Roots Hall assessment. As we all know it was used as a gas board tip so that land must be contaminated.

Back