• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning permission granted

mid table please was bottom half no more since the three Amigos got to work on the team
But Murky Mouse is right , Southend has massive potential , seriously with a new stadium we get back to Championship we can have 20000 fans at home games. Believe it ,i do. Why cant we do a Brentford ,Bournemouth, and all those other clubs that achieved their dream .

But Murky Mouse is right , Southend has massive potential , seriously with a new stadium we get back to Championship we can have 20000 fans at home games. Believe it ,i do. Why cant we do a Brentford ,Bournemouth, and all those other clubs that achieved their dream .
In answer to your question, we won't be like those other clubs as we do not have, atm , an extremely wealthy money benefactor /donator/ laundering owner like those do.
I do agree that the potential for 20k fans is here abouts in this ever expanding City and metropolis.

Southend Utd is an club with massive potential, look at our crowds in last few home games, for an bottom half conference club!
mid table please was bottom half no more since the three Amigos got to work on the team
very true thinking of the sleeping fan base that we took to cardiff and wembley .Then yes agreed to club would have a good fan base in the championship .

In answer to your question, we won't be like those other clubs as we do not have, atm , an extremely wealthy money benefactor /donator/ laundering owner like those do.
I do agree that the potential for 20k fans is here abouts in this ever expanding City and metropolis.
Swansea did that, by getting right mangers in since 2005!

ok so at last the stadium is going ahead Backed by 30 million from Homes England but what will be the final cost .And who is going to put up the rest of the money its going to cost .

ok so at last the stadium is going ahead Backed by 30 million from Homes England but what will be the final cost .And who is going to put up the rest of the money its going to cost .
My understanding is that that is partly why it's a phased development. Some of the homes will be sold off which will provide funds for the rest of the development. That's at least one of the reasons big housing projects tend to be completed in phases.

My understanding is that that is partly why it's a phased development. Some of the homes will be sold off which will provide funds for the rest of the development. That's at least one of the reasons big housing projects tend to be completed in phases.

That certainly makes sense.

Would be nice to hear from the club about this and when we can expect movement and build times.

I'm with you on that, it would be nice to hear from the club...

First submitted in 2017??????? More like 1917...

Knowing our luck, Homes England have links to Russian finance and all assets have been frozen ;)

Last edited:
It's mainly to maintain high prices by not flooding the market at once. Developers don't need money to fund the rest of the development. If they were really short of cash they wouldn't donate so much money to the Conservative party.

I'd like to hear a proper rationale for why our stadium needs to be built in phases. If the stadium is part of a S106 agreement, the club (Ron) and council could insist (ha) the whole thing needs to be built at once, maybe? Also, a condition should be that the stadium is publicly owned, like when S106 developments are schools, surgeries etc.

We seem to be slowly moving in the right direction which is good news,would like some sort of statement from the club what the timeline is.

Will get interested once the diggers start digging

It's just good news this time round that we are definitely further down the road than ever before since a new ground was first muted during my time of following the club in Dave Smith's reign during 77 season.

The pre-Christmas zoom calls mentioned the training ground being the first phase and if everything got passed, then building work to commence late Q1, early Q2 2022. So this to me seems to be in line with that.

However, like Ricey, I am not holding my breath, but will just be please if the work commences.....But it does feel like the ducks are all getting into formation this time..................

Despite the continued doubts and worries of many, I am beginning to feel quite excited by what's to come. I'm convinced that the initial demand for season tickets will be huge. It wouldn't surprise me if we sold 10,000 for the first full season that Fossetts opens it's doors.
I would be seriously tempted to buy one even if I could only get to around 10 home games.

I struggle to get remotely excited about this for many reasons but mainly two, I will miss Roots Hall greatly and secondly, I just can't see this stadium being a good thing for us. I don't trust Ron and worry about it ever being finished and us being a Coventry in the future.
I guess fans missed the club playing at the Kursall ground sorry about the spelling And again when the club switched from the greyhound stadium .To locate at Roots hall .yes nearlr all fans will miss rootshall .But like previous grounds its passed its sell by date .And the club must look forwards not backwards .

Back