• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning permission granted

.But like previous grounds its passed its sell by date .And the club must look forwards not backwards .
It is past its sell by date because Ron has run Roots Hall into the ground like a slum landlord. Of course it's unviable as a proposition going forward -- but that's out of design rather than fate or some kind of 'natural' decline.

What is the club gaining from the move? We will not own the new stadium. We will still pay rent to Ron and initially we'll have three stands instead of four. Without the main stand the capacity of FF might even be smaller than Roots Hall is currently. Plus, we run the risk of another developer buying the ground in order to build more houses on what will already be a predominantly residential site. Doubt there will be a covenant on the new ground. We might get moved again fairly soon.

I get the excitement though, I do and I really am hoping for the best.

Was there not a covenant protecting roots hall .And untill we move football will continue to be played there . I guess the same will apply at Fossetts .Yes Ron will take money out of the finished stadium .You tell me what chairman that has spent money on a club that does not want something in return .Maybe a good 90% or more .

It is past its sell by date because Ron has run Roots Hall into the ground like a slum landlord. Of course it's unviable as a proposition going forward -- but that's out of design rather than fate or some kind of 'natural' decline.

What is the club gaining from the move? We will not own the new stadium. We will still pay rent to Ron and initially we'll have three stands instead of four. Without the main stand the capacity of FF might even be smaller than Roots Hall is currently. Plus, we run the risk of another developer buying the ground in order to build more houses on what will already be a predominantly residential site. Doubt there will be a covenant on the new ground. We might get moved again fairly soon.

Strongly agree. Been thinking this for a while now. Sadly with city status the town is vulnerable to property developers. Some seem to be licking their lips at a potential population explosion without sufficient infrastructure or thought to the current population. Beware of wolves in sheep’s clothing.

That might not be the case. If Ron wants to sell the club on he would have to add the new stadium to make the club a viable for new owner to be interested in purchasing the club. My hope is whoever buys Ron out is decent and knows how to run a football club. Can't be any worse than Ron, can it.

I think it means you can buy a decent box nearby , overlooking the ground?
Ha. In all seriousness though it’s not ideal. South Essex is well known for being the dumping ground for houses as residents don’t kick up enough of a fuss. Will be leaving due to city status as it’s only going to get worse.
Although not a native I’m very fond of the people around here and wish everybody well and hope it turns out ok. It gets a bit irksome seeing the stereotyping of people in the area.
Will still be supporting the blues from afar. :)

I struggle to get remotely excited about this for many reasons but mainly two, I will miss Roots Hall greatly and secondly, I just can't see this stadium being a good thing for us. I don't trust Ron and worry about it ever being finished and us being a Coventry in the future.
I think the new stadium will be finished but not under Ron. In my opinion he will build the 3 sides and look to sell the club on for whatever the value is. Remember it's the housing which is gonna make Ronaldo the big bucks, not the club. In some ways he might aswell just give the club away. Value for national league club is only going to be worth peanuts in today football World.

Good point. That’s what I can’t work out. Who will buy the club. And will the stadium really hold concerts and functions enough to cover the costs. Could be sold to an entertainment consortium who know how to squeeze revenue out of it? It’s all very unknown.
The stadium wont be finished for 2 years hopefully by then we wont be a National league club .Thats the view of the tree amigos .and there backroom assistance

Be fascinating to see if the Fan led review by Tracey Crouch receives a listing in the next Queens Speech in May ?
She seems optimistic it will be included and legislation on the table to create an Independent Regulator of football. although she expects opposition from the Premier clubs, one chairman calling the recommendations. Maoist

Most of them don't like the idea of an Independent Regulator with powers, especially checking on their finances, and probably hate even more the proposal of the LEVY on top flight transfers, around !0%, to come to lower league clubs. The Regulator would also be expected to establish a much tougher fit and proper person test for owners

Also included in the proposals are SHADOW BOARDS for fans to be consulted and the concept of the GOLDEN SHARE.

The Golden share aims to ensure key items of a clubs heritage are protected for all clubs, such as the STADIUM, badge, location and Colours. It could be used to give VET0 rights to club supporters.

So IF, and i think its a big IF, all this went through, be interesting to see if any of it impacts on us and of course RONS position?

Be fascinating to see if the Fan led review by Tracey Crouch receives a listing in the next Queens Speech in May ?
She seems optimistic it will be included and legislation on the table to create an Independent Regulator of football. although she expects opposition from the Premier clubs, one chairman calling the recommendations. Maoist

Most of them don't like the idea of an Independent Regulator with powers, especially checking on their finances, and probably hate even more the proposal of the LEVY on top flight transfers, around !0%, to come to lower league clubs. The Regulator would also be expected to establish a much tougher fit and proper person test for owners

Also included in the proposals are SHADOW BOARDS for fans to be consulted and the concept of the GOLDEN SHARE.

The Golden share aims to ensure key items of a clubs heritage are protected for all clubs, such as the STADIUM, badge, location and Colours. It could be used to give VET0 rights to club supporters.

So IF, and i think its a big IF, all this went through, be interesting to see if any of it impacts on us and of course RONS position

Would be nice to see enforcements made so clubs have to protect their heritage.

I just don’t see fossetts farm as another other than an ultra modern white elephant when not in use from matches.

Wasn’t there meant to be a document about how it can be used as a concert and conference venue?

Only eveidence so far has been just wait for the population explosion and we will fill it.

I wish the current Southend population a lot of luck with that... which ties into my earlier points.

I can remember years ago Ron gave a new stadium presentation at the royals.
I think the first question from the audience was, “can I buy my roots hall season ticket seat”
I am sure that many years ago there was another presentation where it was pointed out that ST holders had first dib on seats and they would be granted seats similarly placed to those in The Hall.

There is Nothing to stop any owner implementing the Golden share model now, before the legislation kicks in. Ron ??

Brentford to my knowledge are the only club to have done it so far, although Exeter are discussing Ownership of the club, under the share scheme and Wycombe a " seat on the Board "

In fairness to Ron (I can't believe I'm doing this) why would he spend any more than is absolutely necessary when he wants the club to move? Its just money down the drain.

Good point. That’s what I can’t work out. Who will buy the club. And will the stadium really hold concerts and functions enough to cover the costs. Could be sold to an entertainment consortium who know how to squeeze revenue out of it? It’s all very unknown.

I think the amount of concerts is limited by planning. For example I think I read the match day parking can only be used on 3 non match days per year. Which seems abit crazy.

The stadium wont be finished for 2 years hopefully by then we wont be a National league club .Thats the view of the tree amigos .and there backroom assistance
I think the amount of concerts is limited by planning. For example I think I read the match day parking can only be used on 3 non match days per year. Which seems abit crazy.
I can’t see it holding concerts to much noise and surrounded by houses so no income from that

There is Nothing to stop any owner implementing the Golden share model now, before the legislation kicks in. Ron ??

Brentford to my knowledge are the only club to have done it so far, although Exeter are discussing Ownership of the club, under the share scheme and Wycombe a " seat on the Board "
Can’t see the fans being let in any more than they have tbf.

That might not be the case. If Ron wants to sell the club on he would have to add the new stadium to make the club a viable for new owner to be interested in purchasing the club. My hope is whoever buys Ron out is decent and knows how to run a football club. Can't be any worse than Ron, can it.
Yep.

Back