• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐
Staff member
A Google search brought up this on the East Staffs council website:

Scoping opinions
Developers can write to us requesting an opinion on what information should be included within an environmental statement. This is called a scoping opinion.

Any requests should be accompanied by:

• a sufficient plan to identify the land
  • a brief description of the proposed development's nature, purpose and possible effects upon the environment
  • any information or representation from the developer
We recommend that a scoping opinion is requested for all applications subject to environmental impact assessment. This helps to identify key areas which should be covered (such as noise pollution or ecological impacts), as well as avoiding subsequent delays in processing the application

At least things are moving along I guess.

Approved as in, we can get the picture of Ron Martin donning a hard hat with a shovel in hand on FF we’ve all been dreaming of?
Let's hope so! Hopefully the environmental impact isn't a stumbling block considering there is a massive airport just round the corner!

Is it from today that were expecting to hear something from the council regarding the stadium plans? I think that's what RM said in the Q&A...

According to the council website it is a meeting to discuss Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm land transactions.

There doesn't seem to be any details or reports.

The Special Cabinet meeting to discuss Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm is on 24th November at 14:00.
The meeting will be to deal with the agreements with regard to land agreements and lease arrangements under-pinning the enabling deal.
If agreed, a very positive hurdle to have cleared but not the final OK.

Sounds like they're just agreeing (or not) the financing etc. Still no planning permission, and from what I can gather, we haven't even submitted the new plans yet.

Sounds like they're just agreeing (or not) the financing etc. Still no planning permission, and from what I can gather, we haven't even submitted the new plans yet.

Ron said at the recent Q&A there won't be a new planning application. It will be amendments to the old plans.

Ron said at the recent Q&A there won't be a new planning application. It will be amendments to the old plans.

I know, but these amendments still need to be submitted, and AFAIA they haven't been.

This is never ending isn't it, and I can't see any improvement on the pitch without this being given the go-ahead.

Only 2 months ago, spring 2021 for the training ground and Summer 2021 for the stadium was widely circulated.

That already seems delayed yet again, as Spring is only 3/4 months away now. Its never going to happen is it?

There was a council meeting yesterday so hoping we hear something today, maybe not planning permission yet, but hopefully something nonetheless!

Sounds to me like final exchange of contracts between club, council and Citizen next week; swapping out of old application and swapping in of new one before end of November; and then final approval at December's Development Control Meeting which should be a formality since the plans have been recommended for approval anyway.

Back