• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Updates- All The Latest Details. 28/03/2022

When built should the new stadium be called the David Amess city stadium .In his name .Or at least the main stand .

Strange because because i was lead to beleve he attended quite a feww game at the hall .
Attending a few games isn’t really anything special though. Horrific what happened to him but he done nothing for us and I feel there are a lot of other people we should honour much higher in the list inc Ron Martin ?

Everything seems to have gone quiet on the finances updates. Weren't we going to be provided with a cashflow forecast showing how the new stadium actually benefits SUFC ?

Just because we've had a good run of results, it doesn't mean our finances are all of a sudden resolved. In fact, it would be a terrible shame if the problems were to raise their ugly head again and all the hard done by Stan, Maher etc was ruined.

No because what is the point of making statements yet .As they know no work can start for 6 weeks from being signed off by the council .And the six weeks are not up untill mid April .And did Stan not say work will start in April .

Reactions: JAL
Even though we know it looks like mid April is the supposed starting date, IMO the club should still be singing this from the rooftops. Why we have silence everywhere is kind of odd.

cant see why the club has to announce when the training ground will be started .Many contract have to be signed to what ever contractor the club may use .If it bothers fans that much .Try contacting the CEO im sure he know what is going on he seems very clude up to me .

I'm told that the club will be making regular public statements to keep supporters informed of developments/ progress. I'd imagine the first one of those won't be too long in coming.

I hope they put up CCTV cameras with a live stream so we can all watch all the progress.

I hear it could all go live on the 1st April (not sure what year).

The permanent training ground is still showing as 'pending decision' on the Rochford website. Did anyone attend the planning meeting - was it approved subject to S106 or something else being agreed?

Yes the training ground was approved at the rochford council meeting .On the 25th of march The s106 is the 6 week time scale that has to be set to allow any complains .Which the council said its doubts any will be forth coming .

Yes the training ground was approved at the rochford council meeting .On the 25th of march The s106 is the 6 week time scale that has to be set to allow any complains .Which the council said its doubts any will be forth coming .
I think it was the meeting in the evening on 24th Feb, I remember because it was my birthday. So hopefully the 6 weeks will end around the 7th April.

Back