• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

its not a fair voting system in that sense for the conference. like you say, conf prem get 1 vote per club, whereas the north/south clubs get 4 per division. this makes it almost impossible to do anything unless it directly benefits the conf prem.

I've even heard some pitches referred to as 5G! But, yes, technically no such thing as 4G yet, just further advancements in 3G.

Of course, it's not even an option for SUFC at the moment as they're not permitted in the Football League or Conference.

I find the Conference vote prompted by Maidstone baffling. Firstly, 32 votes were cast, of which 24 were from Conference Premier clubs - a division Maidstone aren't even (currently) battling for promotion to.

Furthermore, I know Braintree Town and Concord Rangers voted against 3G surfaces.

As I type Concord are playing their second fixture this midweek due to a fixture backlog and Braintree didn't play a home fixture recently for TWO MONTHS. Braintree had to release some players they couldn't afford due to no gate income to pay their wages and now find themselves in the middle of a ridiculous fixture backlog - of course with so many home games in a short period, crowds will be down as people won't pay for so many games in a short time.

Afraid the English game has too many dinosaurs for this type of revolution!

Yesterday the FA announced that all FA Cup games next season can be played on 3G pitches. This is the first step to allowing them in the football league.

Back