• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Upminster Blue

Manager
Completely unbiased player ratings out of 10.

Darryl 11 - first half save from cheating scumbag Ronaldo was world class.
Hunt 10
Hammell 10
Prior 10
Sodje 11 - absolutely rock solid, won everything.  Would have got a 12 if he'd put his chance away late on
Gower 10
Maher 10
JCR 10 - phenomenal work rate
Clarke 9 - sorry, Peter, I just couldn't bring myself to give you a 10
biggrin.gif
.  Best game in a Blue shirt though.  
Eastwood 11 - pure class.  Made Rooney long like a fat, poor man's Freddy.  If top Premier clubs aren't queing up to pay £6m+ I'll eat my shirt.
Hooper 10 - crunching tackle on Rooney early on was fantastic and set the tone.

Subs
Francis 10
Lawson 9

All of them absolute heroes who will go down in Blues history as legends.

I've been telling friends and family for years that we're the best team in the world. Tonight we proved it.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

9 a little generous for Lawson - looked poor compared to the impressive Hooper, very lightweight and not closing down quick enough.

Best I've seen Hooper play though. We could have another find there!

Easy lads lets not carried away, getting a little dillusioned here....

Sodje was easily a 15!!!!!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Stodge @ Nov. 07 2006,23:52)]9 a little generous for Lawson - looked poor compared to the impressive Hooper, very lightweight and not closing down quick enough.
Agreed, just thought it a little churlish to criticise anyone. I should, of course, just said that they were all heroes.

Back about 20 minutes - can't sleep, Mrs CI-City Blue getting the hump, so a quick ratings from me:

Flavs - 10/10 - Touch of the Grobbalars (sic) about a couple of saves, but immense.

Hunt - 9/10 - Hope he isn't injured too badly.

Hammell - 10/10 - Why can't he defend like he did tonight all the time?

Prior - 10/10 - Must stay in the team, even if AB is fit.

Sodje - 134/10 - Immense. Nuff said.

Gower - 9/10 - Looked knackered in the second half, but did the simple things well.

JCR - 10/10 - Fantastic performance, but why can't he play like that every week?

Clarke - 8/10 - Shouldn't be playing in midfield, simply not good enough to do so.

Maher - 9/10 - Captain Fantastic has another blinder, but he must be sick and tired of carrying midfield partners. Time to splash the cash Ron and Tilly.

Hooper - 10/10 - Have we found another gem? On tonight's performance, yes. Looks like ligament damage to me, and we're down to three fit strikers...

Freddy - 138400/10 - Another couple of million on his price tag... Please don't go mate...

subs: Francis - 10/10 - See Hammel's comments...

Lawson - 8/10 - Still too lightweight, but could see him involved on Saturday...

Tilly and Brush - what can you say? Must be the best management duo in our history, with now a quarter-final appearance in the second biggest cup competition in the country alongside all the other records. Tilly out? Phah...

B R I N G O N T H E A R S E N A L ! ! !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ Nov. 07 2006,23:55)]Sodje was easily a 15!!!!!
tounge.gif
More like a 20. He obviously broke or disloacted a finger on his left? hand about 10 mins before the break, around the time Ronny Aldo that Spanish looking geezer decided to front up to him.  Tough call that one!

He played on in what llooked like some pain & had them stapped up in the 2nd half. Legend.  The man had a fantastic game culminating in a cameo just before the end when Manure put a little move together & Efe (as sponsored by that other Leg End, Miss Harriet Barris) just appeared from nowhere but seemed to be standing stock still with the ball at his feet.  Remarkable.

Back