• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Player sponsorship 2018/19 Fully Pledged.

Not quite sure who wins this people, hopefully @Rootshallbloke can point us in the right direction.

Rebecca Groom <Rebecca.Groom@southend-united.co.uk>
Thu 07/02/2019 15:02

Good Afternoon,

It’s that time of year again and we are delighted to invite you to The Park Inn Palace on Tuesday the 9th of April for Southend United’s Kit Sponsor Evening.

Doors will open from 7pm and will involve the usual photo opportunities with the player(s) you sponsor, two-course meal and entertainment.

Please let us know if you’re able to attend and who your guests will be? Please note you’re allocated two spaces per sponsorship.

Please also select a starter and a main from the choices below by Monday the 4th of March 2019 in reply to this email. Please let us know of any dietary requirements ahead of this date so we can accommodate yourself.

Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup , topped with a Basil Pesto Crouton (no crouton for GF & Vegans)
Or
Country Style Pate, served with a Fruity Plum & Apple Chutney & a Chunk of Rustic Bread

Tender Roast Chicken Breast accompanied by Baby Button Mushrooms, Smoked Bacon Lardons & Roast Potatoes, served with a Rich Red Wine Sauce
Or
Fillet of Herb-Crumbed Cod served with Hot Buttered New Potatoes and a delicate Creamy Lemon Sauce

Tea & Coffee & Mints

Please note that parking will be available in the Royals car park over the road. We look forward to hosting another great evening with yourself and the players.

Kind regards,

The Commercial Team.

I love the fact the starter has a vegan option but the main doesn't. Do vegans/veggies bring sandwiches? :ROFL:

And no dessert? What is all that about then?:Angry:

Ben Coker gave his signed shirt away at the club night at the Park Inn which was not his choice to just give out as it was a winners prize on here.. He promised to replace it. I have contacted the club and Ben but to no avail. @OldBlueLady maybe can step in.....This is not right..It seems Ben does not give a toss as he off when the season is done and never replies to emails from me or Rebecca at the club.

Not that he ever spent that much time actually playing.

Last edited:
Ben refuses to give us a replacement shirt for our winner.
Any reason given? Or just that he’s already cleared out his locker and can’t be bothered coming down the A127 again?

Good work chasing up Cricko, shame some make it so hard.

Looks like a long term sponsorship relationship has drifted into divorce. That's really a sad way for it to finish.

Ben Coker gave his signed shirt away at the club night at the Park Inn which was not his choice to just give out as it was a winners prize on here.. He promised to replace it. I have contacted the club and Ben but to no avail. @OldBlueLady maybe can step in.....This is not right..It seems Ben does not give a toss as he off when the season is done and never replies to emails from me or Rebecca at the club.

Not that he ever spent that much time actually playing.

I know he hasn't been about the early part of this week, he's getting married in Ireland I believe and was out there seeing to arrangements. I will see what I can do but can't promise anything.

That’s frankly a disgrace. That was part of the package we paid for and it must be honoured or we should be refunded from his wages. What a total tool

That’s frankly a disgrace. That was part of the package we paid for and it must be honoured or we should be refunded from his wages. What a total tool

I would guess that he thought Rich was due the shirt too and didn't realise it was going to someone else. I know the shirt I got to send out to Australia to John Wilmot was one he had to ask to have, so they're not unlimited, especially for a player not playing.

Like I said, I will see what I can do....but it wouldn't surprise me in the least judging by what's being said, if we never see him in a Southend shirt again.

Thanks @OldBlueLady ,He is gone now. I feel It was never his choice to give away the shirt we paid for but to just give it whatever. He thought it was fun at the time.

We live and learn.

Okay, re-reading that, it is quite clear that it says in the post I've quoted below, that the players present the shirts at the evening (I haven't got mine though, so will chase that up!) to their sponsors.

I think in hindsight, someone should have spoken with Commercial in advance, to explain that Ben's shirt wasn't to go to the person who was there as it was due to someone else, with it having been a pooled sponsorship.

I fear this may be a hard lesson learned, but at least you will know for another time.

Not really sure Kay TBH it is all a bit vague.

From: Rebecca Groom <Rebecca.Groom@southend-united.co.uk>
Sent: 02 July 2018 13:14
To: john crickson
Subject: RE: RE:

Hi John,

This is what the package includes: You can see your name or company name in every matchday programme at Roots Hall, two passes in The Blues Legends Lounge for a category C game and a signed shirt presented by your player at our highly entertaining player sponsor night.

Kind Regards,

Rebecca Groom
Commercial Coordinator

Could you check it out please @OldBlueLady

I’ve just seen MK pulled out! I will phone the club today!!
John
Ok great you lucky man..If they present the Coker shirt to you on the night , that does not belong to you...Just so you know.

These were your prizes, I think there was possibly a mix up somewhere - the shirt and dinner always went together. I am not sure where the MTP at B&L came from though:

1: Signed shirt for the winner of our draw at the end of season do.
@jimmyshrimp

2: A meal for two and match tickets in the Blues Lounge for a game of your choice.
@SUFC_Ross

3: Meet the player at Boots and Laces.
@MK Shrimper

Just to clarify what happened on the Presentation Evening.

I was sat next to Ben Coker and for the majority of the evening the people sat to the other side of him were not there (watching the Spurs Game I think!!) As a result he drew the short straw and had to speak to me quite a bit! We talked at length about numerous things, especially weddings. He was most envious that I got married in shorts last year!

To cut a very long story short, and despite explaining the set up of SZ sponsorship arrangement (which he was very impressed with) he insisted that he wanted me to have his shirt. I told him it would cause me a few problems, but he said that he would sort out another shirt with the club to give to the SZ prize winner. I couldn't do anything about the shirt as he had already signed it to me. I have tried contacting him a few times via Twitter, but no luck yet.

To the person who was meant to get the shirt, I am sorry, but it wasn't for the want of trying on my part. Yes, I'm chuffed with the shirt, but I do feel a tad guilty!

Just to clarify what happened on the Presentation Evening.

I was sat next to Ben Coker and for the majority of the evening the people sat to the other side of him were not there (watching the Spurs Game I think!!) As a result he drew the short straw and had to speak to me quite a bit! We talked at length about numerous things, especially weddings. He was most envious that I got married in shorts last year!

To cut a very long story short, and despite explaining the set up of SZ sponsorship arrangement (which he was very impressed with) he insisted that he wanted me to have his shirt. I told him it would cause me a few problems, but he said that he would sort out another shirt with the club to give to the SZ prize winner. I couldn't do anything about the shirt as he had already signed it to me. I have tried contacting him a few times via Twitter, but no luck yet.

To the person who was meant to get the shirt, I am sorry, but it wasn't for the want of trying on my part. Yes, I'm chuffed with the shirt, but I do feel a tad guilty!
Simple,give to the guy who was meant to have t

Back