• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Players paid (now confirmed still UNPAID by CP)

Less than 2000 tickets sold for Saturday. Maybe few more hundred would help in some small part

Enjoyable last game against Darlo but the seating situation in the east is a nightmare. My mate isn't going either and I've been sick all week.

Can't see me going. Shame it can't be streamed and watched at home as that would add to the revenue stream.

Enjoyable last game against Darlo but the seating situation in the east is a nightmare. My mate isn't going either and I've been sick all week.

Can't see me going. Shame it can't be streamed and watched at home as that would add to the revenue stream.
You dont have to sit in the east stand the south stand is open for this tie

My understanding is it’s not being taken out as “Southend United” So 100% of the money will go to Ron, not “some of it” and then he will put that money into the club like he has done for the past X number of years as a Debt to SUFC…will will likely be written off once FF happens or an investors buys that debt out
How boreing are you the loan is to clear the debt and pay the players I get sick of this ron pockets every penny .The same was said about the 2 large loans from the trust and the sponcers .And the trst said the money went to to pay the staff ron got nothing from it .

I believe today was earmarked as the day players would hopefully, finally get their pay. I anticipate that they will not though.

I am sure the players are totally aware of the situation and while they can't be happy, they must have given assurances of when they will be paid. I am sure they have recourse to the PFA, should they not be able to cope financially.
Problem is those assurances will be a lie, and when that happens, there will be more anger and frustration. I'd be shocked if at least one or two don't try to move on.

I would have presumed the revenue from last Sat's game v York would have been prioritised for the wages?. Obviously not.
Unfortunately the revenue is likely not to come close to covering it.

I don't know what our players earn, but if the squad average is £1k per week, then the monthly wage bill would be circa £100k.

Removing season ticket holders, I guess around 3,000 people paid to watch Saturday's game. Taking concessions into account if we guess £13 a ticket that's only £39k!

Last edited:

I don't know what our players earn, but if the squad average is £1k per week, then the monthly wage bill would be circa £100k.

Removing season ticket holders, I guess around 3,000 people paid to watch Saturdays game. Taking concessions into account if we guess £13 a ticket that's only £39k!
Plus I'd imagine there is a delay between revenue coming in and being available to pay wages.

How soon does a debit card payment hit our bank account? A credit card payment I guess takes longer? And cash would need to be banked. Then if payroll is anything like my companies that can take a week!

Removing season ticket holders, I guess around 3,000 people paid to watch Saturday's game. Taking concessions into account if we guess £13 a ticket that's only £39k!
I was told the monthly wage bill including all our football teams and coaching staff and fitness staff, etc, and all our behind the scenes staff at Roots Hall, etc, is £200,000 a month. No wonder the incoming nowhere near match the outgoings, and there's always the financial struggle and shortfall.

I was told the monthly wage bill including all our football teams and coaching staff and fitness staff, etc, and all our behind the scenes staff at Roots Hall, etc, is £200,000 a month. No wonder the incoming nowhere near match the outgoings, and there's always the financial struggle and shortfall.
If the p[layers budget is £1.5m per season thats £125,000 per month so start adding coaches and back room staff it will soon reach £200,000

I cannot understand how anybody would loan money to SUFC the club is not a going concern and never will be even in a new stadium. Surely any money Ron’s companies receive are meant for development of FF and not to throw into the black hole that is SUFC.
I wish it was different but I feel this is the reality.

South stand is open as well if you are able or feel well enough

I cannot understand how anybody would loan money to SUFC the club is not a going concern and never will be even in a new stadium. Surely any money Ron’s companies receive are meant for development of FF and not to throw into the black hole that is SUFC.
I wish it was different but I feel this is the reality.
I think the last set of accounts showed no external borrowing by the club. So nobody is lending directly to SUFC. And I think most money lent to Ron's other commpanies is usually secured on land they own, so relatively low risk lending.

I think another poster has said that the next batch of cash may come when boots and laces is sold to the development companies. That will release cash to Ron, after he pays off the borrowings on the land, there should be enough left over to run the club, if he chooses to.

I believe today was earmarked as the day players would hopefully, finally get their pay. I anticipate that they will not though.
I had heard similar - that the players were told they wouldn't get Feb's salary until the 9th at the earliest, but they were told that at the training ground meeting between them and Ron and a lot can change at SUFC in a week or two!

It wouldn't really fit with the "he's waiting until the end of the month to draw down the bridging finance" line though. Because if that's true then nobody is getting money until early March and February 9th/10th was never on the cards.

So what do we believe?

Last edited:
Apologies if I missed it, but did the players get paid in the end? If so, do we know how late it was?

I had heard similar - that the players were told they wouldn't get Feb's salary until the 9th at the earliest, but they were told that at the training ground meeting between them and Ron and a lot can change at SUFC in a week or two!

It wouldn't really fit with the "he's waiting until the end of the month to draw down the bridging finance" line though. Because if that's true then nobody is getting money until early March and February 9th/10th was never on the cards.

So what do we believe?
Safe to say most of us believe nothing currently. Actions speak louder than words as ever…

Back