• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

**** players that Col Ewe have made look good

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
1. Drewe Broughton - hahahahahahahahahahaha just about his only goal in professional football
2. Peter Daley - his only goal in professional football
3. Che Wilson - one of only 2 goals in 5 professional football
4. Peter Johnson - a rare goal in professional football
5. Mitchell Cole - his only goal in professional football

Seems to be a lot of crap footballers have had their only moment of glory against Col Ewe, also often being from the halfway line.

Is Osei Sankofa fit?

We once played with John Gymer and Roy McDonough up front against Col Ewe and BOTH scored! LOL

Before my time but Ferguson Phillips Whymark were all on the scoresheet at Layer Rd in 1984.

I seem to recall Whymark getting a fair few mentions in worst ever XIs and I have no idea who Ferguson was.

Steve Phillips is obviously a bit of a legend, he scored twice that season against the in-breds. Tony Hadley, Paul Clark and Glenn Pennyfather were all legendary (or at least very good players) who also netted against them that season won't belong on this list either.

Before my time but Ferguson Phillips Whymark were all on the scoresheet at Layer Rd in 1984.

I seem to recall Whymark getting a fair few mentions in worst ever XIs and I have no idea who Ferguson was.

Steve Phillips is obviously a bit of a legend, he scored twice that season against the in-breds. Tony Hadley, Paul Clark and Glenn Pennyfather were all legendary (or at least very good players) who also netted against them that season won't belong on this list either.

I think the Ferguson was Brian who we signed from Hull, I can't say I remember nuch more about him. I've said before on here I was made up when we signed Trevor Whymark, but he was truly awful and had the turning circle of a jumbo jet. As Firestorm at the time opined "I've seen milk turn quicker".

Back