• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Players with more than 250 appearances for Southend

Tilson - number of appearances - 228; games managed - 358
Total - 586

Maher - number of appearances - 455; games managed - 114
Total - 569

Clark - number of appearances - 342; games managed - ? 50?
Total - 392
oooh , nice work Napster, so by my reckoning that means 18 more games to be the most "ïnvolved" shrimper ever ? Which I believe would be something like the last day of the season v. Rochdale . Well, if there was ever a time for some sort of presentation/statue/mural to be unveiled , this has to be it !! :)

sad to see Lou Costellos partner Bud didnt make the cut . I'LL close the door on my way out .

Tilson - number of appearances - 228; games managed - 358
Total - 586

Maher - number of appearances - 455; games managed - 114
Total - 569

Clark - number of appearances - 342; games managed - ? 50?
Total - 392

Demetriou - number of appearances - 250; games managed - 1
Total - 251

Assume Interim Head Coach counts???:Winking:

JD only sufc manager with a 100% winning record......LEGENDARY STATUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been in touch with Messrs Goody & Miles

First, as I suspected, Alan Moody did get to 507 apps - the one missing from the previous 504 + 2 count was a sub app v Sheff Weds in Jan 1983

As for when Kev might exceed Tilly in 'player + manager 'apps'' it will take Kev a bit longer to reach Tilly's total when taking in to account sub apps.

As per Naps, Tilly made 228 apps but adding in the 47 as sub brings him up to 275

Kev made 445 apps, plus 9 as sub to give 454

Managing- wise, Tilly went from 22/11/2003 and his last was the final game of the 2009/10 season. During that time we played 359 games to bring his overall total up to 634

Kev's first game in charge was 23/10/2021 (first game after JD at the Chertsey game) and to date his been in the hot seat 116 games to give an overall total of 570

So, Kev has another 64 games on the SUFC rollercoaster to get through to equal Tilly, so all being well perhaps around the end of next season. I'll keep an eye on this and will let the club know as I suspect assuming Kev gets there it will be a moment to mark

Last edited:
Back