• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Please please - no

south247

Coach⭐
Gary Doherty has revealed he is looking to secure a move away from Norwich City after failing to break into manager Paul Lambert's plans.
Former Tottenham defender Doherty
spacer.gif
has not featured in a League One match for the Canaries since Lambert
spacer.gif
took charge at Carrow Road last month.
The 29-year-old now appears resigned to moving on and he is weighing up his options before making a firm decision on his future.
He told the Eastern Daily Press: "The gaffer has obviously mentioned to me that he wants to bring in his own players, but I think it is up to me now whether I want to move on.
"I am looking at a few options and stuff and we will see what comes from it.
"I would rather get away, I don't know if a loan is a good idea, but I am just going to look at my options and see what the craic is, what's out there.
"I am just holding tight, but if the gaffer needs me he knows that I am there. We have had a few knocks to centre-halves and I have made it clear that if he needs me then I am there for him, but I am pretty far down the pecking order now so I don't really expect to be involved."

Gary Doherty has revealed he is looking to secure a move away from Norwich City after failing to break into manager Paul Lambert's plans.
Former Tottenham defender Doherty
spacer.gif
has not featured in a League One match for the Canaries since Lambert
spacer.gif
took charge at Carrow Road last month.
The 29-year-old now appears resigned to moving on and he is weighing up his options before making a firm decision on his future.
He told the Eastern Daily Press: "The gaffer has obviously mentioned to me that he wants to bring in his own players, but I think it is up to me now whether I want to move on.
"I am looking at a few options and stuff and we will see what comes from it.
"I would rather get away, I don't know if a loan is a good idea, but I am just going to look at my options and see what the craic is, what's out there.
"I am just holding tight, but if the gaffer needs me he knows that I am there. We have had a few knocks to centre-halves and I have made it clear that if he needs me then I am there for him, but I am pretty far down the pecking order now so I don't really expect to be involved."

well, he isnt joining us so whats your problem?

Bobby, no problem just speculating like most of us tend to. My 1 + 1 might not make 2 but on the other hand someone down the pecking order like he is at Norwich (in the same league as us, with a lot of experience and looking to move elsewhere). Just offering an opinion. I will consider myself shot down in flames then and try not to be tempted with posting speculative Posts in future. Like you I wonder who MIGHT be coming in (and hoping sometimes 'please no'). On behalf of non daily posters - thanks for your encouragement.

Bobby, no problem just speculating like most of us tend to. My 1 + 1 might not make 2 but on the other hand someone down the pecking order like he is at Norwich (in the same league as us, with a lot of experience and looking to move elsewhere). Just offering an opinion. I will consider myself shot down in flames then and try not to be tempted with posting speculative Posts in future. Like you I wonder who MIGHT be coming in (and hoping sometimes 'please no'). On behalf of non daily posters - thanks for your encouragement.

ah put your toys back in the pram

Ignore him - Bobby's idea of amusement is to look for infrequent or young posters and then try and **** on their parade.

To be fair, it's not got anything to do with this forum, he hasn't said "I'm not in the pecking order and I've always fancied a stint on the Essex Riviera" he's just said he's there if needed but might need to consider his options. It's only on a par with posting something on here the next time that Drogba says he's dissilusioned and starting a thread asking if we'd want him at RH!

Far Far Away

surely this is a Far Far away thread?;)

I like the sound of that! One of Slade's best songs - recorded in NYC and apparently (the story goes that) John Lennon was in the same studio at the time and popped his head around the door saying "I like that singer - he sounds like me." I know...:offtopic:

At my sunday league club we used to run a thing called "doherty of the day" and the worst player every sunday had to wear a Norwich Doherty shirt the next week in training and warming up the next sunday, the shirt was never washed untill the end of the season when it was presented at the presentation evening to the "doherty of the season" with abusive messages signed on it by all the players. If he were to come to Southend I would have to find a new club, such is the stigma attached to this man. I am very happy where I am so please Tilly don't sign him.

Back