• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Plymouth away

Leighite

Youth Team
Anyone thinking of making a weekend of it for the Plymouth game 21st April might be interested that the Hoe seems to be the place to stay, with plenty of pubs and nightlife. For an indication, a single room en-suite including full English breakfast will be around £50 per night and double/twin about a tenner extra.

Only going as a day trip but my Dad found a cracking deal which was something like £26 return.......Not sure of times but still a good price considering its 3 light years away. :mad:

I shall have a weekend down there, stayed over last time we played them back in league 2 a few years ago and a very decent night out just stay clear of union street!

One of my old uni housemates is an Argyle seaso so I'll go and crash at his that weekend. Yeovil Shrimpa you up for meeting up for a few pre and post match bevvies?

I shall have a weekend down there, stayed over last time we played them back in league 2 a few years ago and a very decent night out just stay clear of union street!

Steer clear of Union Street.......very good advice:hilarious:

When you walk down there it's litterally pub,club,pub,club. Looks alright during the day, but at night it get's full with Army, Navy, Marines and they tend to kick ten barrells of **** out of each other.

And anyone who gets in their way :guns:

Diamond Lils is always worth a visit, but stick to The Barbican area if you want to see Sunday

Only going as a day trip but my Dad found a cracking deal which was something like £26 return.......Not sure of times but still a good price considering its 3 light years away. :mad:

Yep, we got £29 return, which I'm well pleased with. I'll probably end up sticking more than that behind the Buffet Bar!

Got a good deal for Hull, too. £30 return on the little known 'Hull Trains'.

Nothing wrong with Union Street, just don't go looking for trouble. Two Trees, Diamond Lil's, Norma Jeans are all good as is The Maltings, Charlies Circus in Pilgrims Way, The Good Companions and The Bank. The Barbican is pretty good where I reconmend The Distillery which still churns out Plymouth Gin which is as good as Gordons in my opinion. The only proper no go pubs are The Hackney Carriage and Brewery Tap, both in Union Street and probably The Academy if its still there. The TCE used to get in there and are not the friendliest of chaps if you know what I mean. Would give The Armoury a wide berth as well.

I remember watching 'Britain's Toughest Pubs' or something like that on Sky and they featured a pub in Plymouth were the all female bar staff - all with a rediculous number of tattoos and piercings - served topless from midday onwards!

Where is that?!

Nothing wrong with Union Street, just don't go looking for trouble. Two Trees, Diamond Lil's, Norma Jeans are all good as is The Maltings, Charlies Circus in Pilgrims Way, The Good Companions and The Bank. The Barbican is pretty good where I reconmend The Distillery which still churns out Plymouth Gin which is as good as Gordons in my opinion. The only proper no go pubs are The Hackney Carriage and Brewery Tap, both in Union Street and probably The Academy if its still there. The TCE used to get in there and are not the friendliest of chaps if you know what I mean. Would give The Armoury a wide berth as well.

Spent three happy years in plymouth early 80's..a great place. If the weather is fine sit on The Hoe for a few moments to reflect pre-match on our forthcoming victory at Home Park, a great place for inspiration as you look out into the Sound.

For Beer and good pub atmosphere venture no further than the Barbican - loads of pubs in a small area right by the water front, and have a dodgy burger at Captain Jaspers to line the stomach.

Ah, happy days.:o

I remember watching 'Britain's Toughest Pubs' or something like that on Sky and they featured a pub in Plymouth were the all female bar staff - all with a rediculous number of tattoos and piercings - served topless from midday onwards!

Where is that?!

Nearer Devonport if memory serves me. Pretty close to the docks at the far end of Union Street, not near normal civilisation. I think that the pub in question has topless barmaids that seems to quell any nastiness. Not your average evening watering hole and far enough away from the town centre to dismiss a visit.

Back