• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

pafc

Hi there.

Looking forward to the game on saturday, just checking by to see if you have any predictions or how many fans you think you'll bring down on the day?

Port Vale made the mistake of underestimating us midweek, and we completely outplayed the league 1 side and somehow only got a draw, after being 2 nil down though. What I would say is, don't let our league position fool you, we had an abysmal star but now we are doing superbly, especially at home.

We have lost 2 of our last 16 matches.

I look forward to the game :D

Meh, we totally bossed a Championship team and thumped them 4-1.

You're going down to Chinatown matey...0-2. :smile:

Hello PAFC, welcome to the board.

I would imagine we would take in the region of 400 to Plymouth.

We are fully aware of the danger this league poses and im sure that Phil Brown would have reitterated that to the boys this week. We are currently flying high at present, with some great results (we recenetly smashed Championship Team Millwall 4-1) and an excellent Team Sprit in the camp I'm certain our boys will be well up for the battle.

look forward to a good game of football on Saturday!

UTB :happy:

400? Fairly good.

I remember when you came down here on a tuesday, you took a 2 goal lead, you were comfy until the 88th minute, then we scored 2 goals, and then, one of your coaches broke down on the way home :raspberry: Sorry.

400 - Depending on the weather i think its likely.

Yep harsh game is football, im sure you will find that out Saturday :winking:!!

400? Fairly good.

I remember when you came down here on a tuesday, you took a 2 goal lead, you were comfy until the 88th minute, then we scored 2 goals, and then, one of your coaches broke down on the way home :raspberry: Sorry.
southend coaches always break down when im on them, Cardiff, mk dons and Grimsby, I will give Plymouth a miss.

Call me an old cynic , but I guess 'pafc' isn't really that interested in our predicted away support , but just wanted to take the opportunity in letting us know how good his/her team is..........................

If both teams play to potential then we will win. Unfortunately the reason why teams don't run away with this league is because consistency is not in abundance.

I'm expecting a scrappy win to keep us in contention at the top.

Always liked Plymouth though and you finally seem to have turned the tide in your favour which is good to see.

Think this will be a very close game and probally a draw but a bit of class from say Kevan Hurst could sneak us a one nil win (that's is he can get back into the team).
As previously said just look at our result and how we played at Torquay just before Crimbo to see anyone can beat anyone in this league.
Then we go and beat a Championship team four nil and it should have been 5 or 6.
Looking forward to a nice long weekend and some of the pubs around the Plymouth area.
Think we will only bring around 325 to 350.

Think this will be a very close game and probally a draw but a bit of class from say Kevan Hurst could sneak us a one nil win (that's is he can get back into the team).
As previously said just look at our result and how we played at Torquay just before Crimbo to see anyone can beat anyone in this league.
Then we go and beat a Championship team four nil and it should have been 5 or 6.
Looking forward to a nice long weekend and some of the pubs around the Plymouth area.
Think we will only bring around 325 to 350.

I sometimes pretend the opposition didn't score as well, makes the result sound better doesn't it:smile:

I think we will win 2-1 with lenny getting both were he first started is game at right back good signing from old boss paul st

We are on a very good run of form at the moment,as are Pymouth and their manager is decent but i am confident we can come away with a win.Our away record is once again impressive.Should see a decent turn out of shrimpers.Nice ground Home Park

What is the weather down there like this week, any chance of the game being called off? Plymouth are on good form (undefeated in 4, 14 points from the last 8 games).

They also have a good record at home (same as us with 6 wins and 3 draws from 12 games), so I will be well chuffed with a point to be honest.

Yeah a point wouldn't be a disaster, although would put pressure on for a win against Chesterfield.

Mixed memories of Home Park - 3-0 win years ago (99) IIRC with Neil Campbell scoring, We was on the huge open terrace. Fast forward eight years later and a late injury time Barry Hayles goal broke our hearts in the Championship match.

Yeah a point wouldn't be a disaster, although would put pressure on for a win against Chesterfield.

Mixed memories of Home Park - 3-0 win years ago (99) IIRC with Neil Campbell scoring, We was on the huge open terrace. Fast forward eight years later and a late injury time Barry Hayles goal broke our hearts in the Championship match.

Was that not Barry Conlon in the 3-0?

Back