• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Poker rant

The General

The Mouse (*)
First hand of the $10 High Stack FZ on Laddies ...

> AllInKev posted small blind (10)
> sulla posted big blind (20)
> Dealing Hole Cards(Js Jh )
> biggaz147 raised for 120
> onecup folded
> slash1975 folded
> mayesmillion folded
> Climb-it did not act in time and was folded
> durber called for 120
> jabbachip folded
> jueltomten folded
> AllInKev called for 110
> sulla did not act in time and was folded
> Dealing the Flop(Jd Qs 4h )
> AllInKev checked
> biggaz147 bet for 100
> durber called for 100
> AllInKev raised for 500
> biggaz147 called for 400
> durber folded
> Dealing the turn(Ah )
> AllInKev bet for 750
> biggaz147 went all-in for 4,380
> AllInKev went all-in for 3,630
> Dealing the river(As )
> biggaz147 wins 10,240 with a Full House, Aces full of Jacks
> AllInKev has left the tournament in 200th place

f%cking runner runner!

Feeling better now!!

biggrin.gif

The General is now a multimillionaire and will be buying Theirry Henry in January.

Not for Southend, just to clean his windows. On a Tuesday. If it's not raining.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southendstrett @ Dec. 05 2006,18:27)]Yeah O.K....

But what's it all mean?
Oo.gif
It will make sense to some people. GNH may sympathise, TFS will laugh and i'll carry on crying ... !!

Know how you feel fella
sad.gif

Had Pocket aces 3 times today in cash games and lost pre flop all ins on every occasion.

Ouch!!! 3 times in a row. Thats sick. Novemeber was a really bad month for me but luckily have a big enough bankroll to cover the swings. December hasn't started to brightly but luckily Shags home games cover most of my losses!!

biggrin.gif

Playing a cash game a little while ago and got dealt pocket aces, slow played them and sucked some guy on the river all in to which he called
upside.gif

Next hand, this other person was now tilting and goes all in, to be called by me and me only who was BB, where he runs into my pocket aces again
laugh.gif

2 hands and about $70 profit, not bad for a $1 table
wink.gif

> AllInKev posted small blind (75)
> luvulongtime posted big blind (150)
> Dealing Hole Cards(4s 6s )
> EL-CONGRE folded
> thelastwaltz folded
> AMJ1983 called for 150
> thebash called for 150
> thelodger folded
> STE10 folded
> origaami folded
> billcowan folded
> AllInKev called for 75
> luvulongtime checked
> Dealing the Flop(4h 4c Kc )
> AllInKev bet for 400
> luvulongtime folded
> AMJ1983 called for 400
> thebash went all-in for 2,475
> AllInKev went all-in for 1,635
> AMJ1983 went all-in for 669.32
> Extra chips returned to thebash, 440
> Dealing the turn(Ah )
> Dealing the river(Ad )
> thebash wins 5,739.32 with a Full House, Aces full of Fours
> AMJ1983 has left the tournament in 139th place
> AllInKev has left the tournament in 138th place

And again!! Twice in an hour to runner runner aces!

Kev, you ever had a go at the "Rounders" tournies? I've been doing it on bet365 and everytime I get to round 4 I never ever get any decent cards!

That's sh!thouse, TG. Fold 'em up for tonight - cards aren't running for ya.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ Dec. 06 2006,08:35)]Call! Call!
LOL - Usual Suspect. The man who has to see the flop regardless of how much it costs!

Nice one Kev!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What percentage of the Pot do the online sites take per game?

It seems the perfect business to be in because it is totally risk free.

Cheers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Dec. 06 2006,10:36)]What percentage of the Pot do the online sites take per game?

Cheers.
Usually 10% on top of the tournament registration fee i.e. a $10 tournament will cost $10 + $1 to enter, with the $10 going into the pot, and the $1 going to the site. Extremely lucrative stuff until governments start banning it....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Dec. 06 2006,10:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Dec. 06 2006,10:36)]What percentage of the Pot do the online sites take per game?

Cheers.
Usually 10% on top of the tournament registration fee i.e. a $10 tournament will cost $10 + $1 to enter, with the $10 going into the pot, and the $1 going to the site. Extremely lucrative stuff until governments start banning it....
Or the Russian Mafia knock on your door....

Does anyone here actually make money playing poker online or do they do it just for fun?

Any gamblers are all welcome to play poker in my dining room and I'll take 5% of each pot and supply tea and biscuits.

How does that sound?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Dec. 06 2006,11:59)]
[b said:
[b said:

Cheers.

Does anyone here actually make money playing poker online or do they do it just for fun?

Any gamblers are all welcome to play poker in my dining room and I'll take 5% of each pot and supply tea and biscuits.

How does that sound?
Same as any vocation in life: if you're good, you'll win money. A mate of mine won £800 on a single tournament last week.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Dec. 06 2006,12:35)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

Cheers.

How does that sound?
Same as any vocation in life: if you're good, you'll win money. A mate of mine won £800 on a single tournament last week.
Most gamblers I have met always seem to focus on the big wins they have had rather than the net profit or loss they have made.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Dec. 06 2006,12:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Dec. 06 2006,12:35)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

Cheers.

How does that sound?
Most gamblers I have met always seem to focus on the big wins they have had rather than the net profit or loss they have made.
It's a fair point, although this guy doesn't delude himself.

Personally, I am in profit for this fiscal year...

In cash games, the site takes around 3% of the pot, but i dont really play much games but mostly play STT (single) or MTT (multi's) and JS has described it down to a T! Im in a profit over the last 8 months and personally, im trying to build up my bankroll slowly but surely. It seen that if you lose 5% of your bankroll in a day, you should give up for the day at least, perhaps 2 as you need a big bankroll to ride through the swings that poker creates (due to the luck element in the game - no one is going to always win)

And as you say MC, its completely risk free and makes a hell of a lot of money for sites like Ladbrokes etc ... but all sites run daily freerolls', weekly/monthly prizes for the loyal players to put a bit back into the site!

The evening finished on a slight high, coming 16th from around 200 to make some money after a rather horrid evening of bad beats.

Back