• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

polanski granted bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten quid says he ends up hiding out at the Premier Inn, in Maidstone - like Jo Couzens today. If he comes out with a Kev Maher Gills jersey on then I will pay the bail money lost, and make Falcon Greenberg a cup of tea also.

To be fair, didn't he drug her first then bugger her?

It was just a couple of ludes, no class As, so you can see the argument why he should be let off, as long as you're pro-nonce that is.

Personally, I see some poetic justic in Polanski being gang raped by the chuckleheads in the Californian penal system until the day he dies. It would warm him up nicely for what awaits him in hell.

<
It was just a couple of ludes, no class As, so you can see the argument why he should be let off, as long as you're pro-nonce that is.<

I wouldn't exactly describe myself as "pro-nonce" though as an ex-social worker I AM sympathetic to paedophiles who are no longer likely to re-offend.
As someone with a 15 year old daughter(16 next week)I can also see the problem from a parent's viewpoint.:soapbox:

I am sympathetic to paedophiles who reside in shallow unmarked graves.

It IS of course a moot point whether or not Polanski WAS a paedophile.What he did (which of course was unacceptable)took place a long time ago when he was still recovering from the tragic death of his wife.
Personally I think he's suffered enough in his life-remember his war experiences.
The girl(now a woman)who he had under-age sex with has forgiven him
(and been financially compensated privately).
Realistically at his age there is almost no chance of him re-offending.He is in fact happily married.
What sort of justice would it be to put him in jail now for something that happened over 30 years ago?

Last edited:
It IS of course a moot point whether or not Polanski WAS a paedophile.What he did (which of course was unacceptable)took place a long time ago when he was still recovering from the tragic death of his wife.
Personally I tink he's suffered enough in his life-remember his war experiences.
The girl(now a woman)who he had under-age sex with has forgiven him
(and been financially compensated privately).
Realistically at his age there is almost no chance of him re-offending.He is in fact happily married.
What sort of justice would it be to put him in jail now for something that happened over 30 years ago?

The same sort of justice that sees Nazi war criminals still being hunted my friend, and which punishes sick ****s like Polanski for drugging, raping and sodomizing underage girls. My kinda justice in fact.

The same sort of justice that sees Nazi war criminals still being hunted my friend, and which punishes sick ****s like Polanski for drugging, raping and sodomizing underage girls. My kinda justice in fact.

Did you ever see John Hurt in "The Naked Civil Servant" the dramatisation of Quentin Crisp's colourful life?
I'm thinking of the scene when a gang of drunken louts burst into a gay cafe and beat up the clientele.As John Hurt/Quentin Crisp pointed out to the ringleader "Why don't you leave now before you're friends realise you're one of us?"
Sometimes a little compassion can go a long way in life.
BTW I agree completely with you about Nazi war criminals being brought to justice,however long it takes and however long after the event.
But I really don't think you're comparing like with like crimes here.

Last edited:
Did you ever see John Hurt in "The Naked Civil Servant" the dramatisation of Quenten Crisp's colourful life?
I'm thinking of the scene when a gang of drunken louts burst into a gay cafe and beat up the clientele.As John Hurt/Quenten Crisp pointed out to the ringleader "Why don't you leave now before you're friends realise you're one of us?"
Sometimes a little compassion can go a long way in life.
BTW I agree completely with you about Nazi war criminals being brought to justice,however long it takes and however long after the event.
But I really don't think you're comparing like with like crimes here.

I rate both genocide and paedophilia as Champions' League certainties in the Premiership of atrocities.

I rate both genocide and paedophilia as Champions' League certainties in the Premiership of atrocities.

Then it's a good thing you're not in the legal profession or a social worker.
If you can't see there IS a difference between mass genocide and paedophilia then frankly I feel sorry for you.In addition speaking about these two crimes in terms of football(even on SZ)is obscene.

Last edited:

Yeah because a bit less bleeding-heart crap would be so harmful to both professions. You realise that you're trying to trivialise an act of child rape? If that's a typical social worker's opinion, no wonder kids like Baby Peter haven't got a hope in hell.

Yeah because a bit less bleeding-heart crap would be so harmful to both professions. You realise that you're trying to trivialise an act of child rape? QUOTE]

Nobody is trying to trivialise anything.What happened,happened a long time ago and there were extenuating circumstances.
The only reason that this has become an issue again(apart from Polanski's arrest in Switzerland and subsequent release on bail)is the recent US documentary on the case which revealed serious flaws in the original trial along with the deal that Polanski's Lawyer had made with the D.A.

Yeah because a bit less bleeding-heart crap would be so harmful to both professions. You realise that you're trying to trivialise an act of child rape? QUOTE]

Nobody is trying to trivialise anything.What happened,happened a long time ago and there were extenuating circumstances.
The only reason that this has become an issue again(apart from Polanski's arrest in Switzerland and subsequent release on bail)is the recent US documentary on the case which revealed serious flaws in the original trial along with the deal that Polanski's Lawyer had made with the D.A.

What possible 'extenuating circumstances' can there be for drugging, raping and sodomising a 15 year old girl. I don't buy the bad childhood etc rubbish, as we are all responsible for our own actions

If you can't see there IS a difference between mass genocide and paedophilia then frankly I feel sorry for you.In addition speaking about these two crimes in terms of football(even on SZ)is obscene.
As obscene as a social worker supporting a nonce?

As obscene as a social worker supporting a nonce?

First off -as I said before-(Ho,Hum)I'm an EX-social worker.
Second,nonce is an extremely offensive word for what I think we would both agree is a vile thing.

Having sex with an under age girl on one occasion only does NOT make Polanski a nonce, neither now or then.

We really don't do teenage sexuality well in the UK(or in the States for that matter).Have a look at Margaret Mead's excellent "Coming of age in Samoa" for a balanced look at how a so called primitive society deals with this issue.

Last edited:
What possible 'extenuating circumstances' can there be for drugging, raping and sodomising a 15 year old girl. I don't buy the bad childhood etc rubbish, as we are all responsible for our own actions

This is getting rather tiresome.I've mentioned the "extenuating circumstances" previously in this thread.You refer to one of them above ie what you refer to as the "bad childhood etc rubbish."
I agree that we're all responsible for our own actions.I believe that Polanski has atoned for his.You clearly don't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back