• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Police commissioner elections.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I voted in Benfleet at 8:35 this morning and was the third voter since 7am.

I suspect a combination of voter apathy and candidates from 'fringe' parties such us UKIP and English Democrats could throw up a few surprises.

Aside from the Tory candidate info I've received nothing else from any candidates or any info about what the Police Commissioner can do. For the first time since I could vote I won't even be bothering to go to the polling station.

Unless there's a candidate whose surname is 'Gordon'.

We have only heard from the Torys but in my area that is not uncommon. We did a postal vote as its so much easier than having to go into the polling booth in person and talk to some doddring old girl in the voting hall.

I think I acutally voted naked in fact as I was about to go into the shower when the wife handed me the form.

Ironically the English Democrat candidate - who is quite frankly, a nutter - is campaigning to take the PC out of policing.

And apparently flying the flag of St George at every police station & using them to promote St George's day will help reduce crime & be an effective use of police resources at a time of police budget cuts. Which he's against. The moron.

No one campaigned around our way and have no idea who the candidates are so if they can't be bothered to say what they stand for then I'm not voting.

Total farce, whats its all about (Alfie?). If it aint broke, dont fix it?. What difference is expected by introducing this for the first time? Personally, i hav'nt got a clue.

Couldn't be bothered. The candidates don't even know the names of the tops cops they are supposed to be involved with.

It's a vote for a fall guy. Hard to see how they can improve things with all the cuts going on. I voted, but only to try and stop the Tories getting in. My girlfriend then followed me out and cheerfully announced she voted Tory. Can't bloody win can you.

Back