• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

h turner

Youth Team
as long as we dont go up, we will play them next yearPortsmouth FC ‏@officialpompey Deal agreed for @pompeytrust to buy #Pompeyhave to say well done, i dont think anyone would want pompey to go into the depths of non-league:clap::thumbsup:

Last edited:
yes as BrettieAngell says they have to be deducted 10 points. It was either the trust take over and they come out of administration with 10 points deducted or if the deal could not be reached by their last game of the season then they would simply have fallen out of the football league altogether

Nice local away game for me, not being able to get to many home games, hope it`s a Saturday afternoon game, I spent many hours drinking in the watering holes in pompey when I was in the Royal Navy.

Glad at the outcome for them, been a right old battle to survive. Can the people at the top not yet see how money is ruining the game?

I haven't been to Pompey since I left the Navy in 2003 and in my 6 years based there, I never went to Fratton Park. This will definitely be on my list of games to go to!

My bad, I thought they'd already had a points deduction? Times really are hard these days, good luck to them. Always had a soft spot for Pompey when they were in the prem.

as long as we dont go up, we will play them next year
Portsmouth FC ‏@officialpompey Deal agreed for @pompeytrust to buy #Pompey

have to say well done, i dont think anyone would want pompy to go into the depths of non-league:clap::thumbsup:

Doesn't the content give you a little clue as to the spelling of Pompey?

I knew a Pompey lad when I was at University who kept talking about us being a Mickey Mouse club which didn't deserve second tier status (this was in the early 90s), so I'm finding their demise rather amusing.

So they are given a 10 point deduction after coming out of admin even though they have already been relegated? I thought the points deduction was carried over if the club came out of admin after a certain date to stop this happening?

Back