• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Poor performance at Braintree

I think we've become a bit spoilt over the past 4 or 5 years..

we have, so would you be happy to go backwards?

would you not be happy to see the club play consistantly at a higher level?

I will say it would be better to have a larger squad at the moment but when you look at the whole division only a couple of teams have signed more than us(I know we let a lot go) players hanging on for the best deal coupled with the fact tilly always seems determined to get in the right sort of player adds up to a waiting game and plenty of impatient supporters

I must admit that I (and some of my season ticket holding friends) are beginning to feel a bit 'mugged off' by Mr. Martin who has contrived to take our (paid early) season ticket cash and shares issue monies on the pretence that players would be forthcoming.

If you feel 'mugged off' then i'll happily take your season ticket off your hands for a knock down price, some of us due to money & other commitments/uncertainties can't commit to buying a season ticket, who would dearly love to have one.

so maybe if more people think it, pressure can be brought upon mr martin, et al, to get thier respective bloody fingers out and do something

Yes, i'm sure they're sat around scratching their arses and picking their noses. Does it never occur to people that most activity in trying to bring in players we never hear about, because it's not worth mentioning.

Yes, i would love to see Southend play consistently at a higher level, but I realise that will take time. I'd much rather see us build the club up slowly, so we sustain ourselves at that higher level than spend ourselves into oblivion chasing glory for glory's sake.

Once again I'm afraid we have a case of somebody making bold assumptions based on no/little factual knowledge; then developing theories based on those bold but weak assumptions; then developing a solution that is based on their theories.

All I can say is that I'm glad you're not a doctor!

... you're not are you? please don't say yes.

Once again I'm afraid we have a case of somebody making bold assumptions based on no/little factual knowledge; then developing theories based on those bold but weak assumptions; then developing a solution that is based on their theories.

All I can say is that I'm glad you're not a doctor!

... you're not are you? please don't say yes.

yes YES no

a musician....if that makes any difference

but you seem to be making the assumption that the club is in some sort of crisis because we havent made a few signings, what will your stance be when we do get bodies in(which we definitely will), yes we played poo at braintree but everton lost to cambridge the other day its just a friendly/pre season etc

Whilst not in panic mode yet (though the Braintree game had better open some eyes at the club), the Everton/Cambridge game is an unfair comparison.

They had very much a reserve side out and Cambridge would have been going gung-ho against such a prestigious name.

Braintree werent much cop and still did our 95% first team 2-0 at a canter.

Braintree werent much cop and still did our 95% first team 2-0 at a canter.

Agree with the rest of the post, but can't agree that Braintree weren't much cop, also, it was our 95% first team that were at the canter...

Agree with the rest of the post, but can't agree that Braintree weren't much cop, also, it was our 95% first team that were at the canter...

Ok, it may have been a bit strong, but they didnt have anyone that really stood out and it wasnt as if they created chance after chance.

Just makes the point that we were THAT poor! :)

I'm sure we all would. Personally, I think that's far more likely to happen under Ron Martin, Steve Tilson, Paul Brush & Ricky Duncan than any other combination of people I can realistically imagine being here.

Back