• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pops 25/8

MrB

Life President
Really have to work on batting but I just can't resist improving my bowling!!

Shaun Marriott - 21 yo, BT Rating=146,374
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively fitness.
A steady player with competent leadership skills and competent experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: quality Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: sensational
Fielding: remarkable

Cleveland Plummer - 20 yo, BT Rating=89,832
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, lively fitness.
A defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: remarkable Concentration: quality
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: quality
Fielding: superb

Ron Thornley - 20 yo, BT Rating=17,380
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime fitness.
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: strong
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

Barry Barnes - 18 yo, BT Rating=23,947
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A cautious player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Bowling: respectable Consistency: strong
Fielding: competent

2. Winston Corbin - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,274
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, proficient batting form, competent bowling form, sublime fitness.
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: proficient Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: woeful

He will now go on the market, how much should he get? I'll be pleased with 500k, but hoping he's worth more.

9. Alex Davenport - 23 yo, BT Rating=76,668
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A steady player with proficient leadership skills and respectable experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: sensational Concentration: sensational

Useful pop.

11. Mark Rennie - 20 yo, BT Rating=114,368
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively fitness.
An attacking player with superb leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: remarkable Concentration: sensational
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: superb
Fielding: remarkable

Nice. Would like to double up on his bowling net, but can't with that consistency.

For the first time in ages I have plenty of nets available. May take Davenport and Granville up to exquisite now.

Richard Clamp - 17 yo, BT Rating=10,804
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, proficient batting form, worthless bowling form, energetic fitness.
An attacking player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: strong Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: mediocre

Just the one. Still have about 6.5 million in the bank and its becoming tempting to sell Clamp now and bring in an out and out batter!

Kev

I might be interested in Clamp Kev, as I'm selling Hitish (superb/prof) and Corbin (see above) today. How much would you want for him?

I'm thinking of giving up on Thornley- having only popped to superb in week whatever it is of being 20, he's not going to be any higher than remarkable/wonderful by 23 i would have thought? would it make more sense to give the net to someone else who's starting from a higher base, leave Thornley at superb (which makes him more than handy in Div V) and upgrade him later? or does that fly in the face of long-term BT training wisdom?

If i were to change the net over now, it would probably either be a 2nd batting net for my 17yo (which would make him mid-proficient when he turns 18) or a stamina net for Barnes- both to be reviewed at the beginning of the next season.

Agreed, he's more than good enough for V and would probably still get in most III sides as a lower order bat. Sandile is my 6th best bat and he's Superb/Strong.

My 5th best bat is superb/superb and I'm 3rd in III. I'd switch to a younger player.

There's a similar looking bowler on the market with a bid of £2.5m.

Muse, £500k is probably about right for your guy. I have a very similar player to sell in a couple of weeks so I'll be interested to see what he sells for.

There's a similar looking bowler on the market with a bid of £2.5m.

Muse, £500k is probably about right for your guy. I have a very similar player to sell in a couple of weeks so I'll be interested to see what he sells for.

I saw that bowler, hence my offer of the same amount. I hope your player has better stamina and cons than Corbin, but then his lack of those is why I got him cheaply in the first place so can't complain.

Jon Sekani - 19 yo, BT Rating=39,431
RH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fresh fitness.
A destructive player with superb leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: feeble
Bowling: superb Consistency: proficient

We will give it a week or so Muse, as Titterton can be sold in 7 days time. I will weigh up my options then and will probably sell both to leave me with my 6.5 million in the bank plus the sale of these two players! Out of interest - would you do what i am with Clamp - 2 batt, a stamina and a fielding net?!

Kev

Last edited:
4. Darrell Allan - 20 yo, BT Rating=35,912
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fresh fitness.
An attacking player with strong leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: strong
Bowling: strong Consistency: strong
Fielding: competent

12. Ian Heskey - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,620
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, abysmal bowling form, sublime fitness.
A steady player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: competent
Fielding: worthless

3. Nigel Harris (1882368)

RH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Ringwood Rams
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 19,856
Wages: £1,825 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
Bowling: strong Consistency: respectable
Fielding: respectable

This fella is past 4 million quid! Talk about paying over the odds!

Kev

We will give it a week or so Muse, as Titterton can be sold in 7 days time. I will weigh up my options then and will probably sell both to leave me with my 6.5 million in the bank plus the sale of these two players! Out of interest - would you do what i am with Clamp - 2 batt, a stamina and a fielding net?!

Kev

Something like that, yeah. I have a couple of nets spare you see, so maybe one bat one field, or 2 bat for a while.

A week's fine, there's no rush for me.

EDIT: If Clamp goes for 4m, I'm out, but you'll get a nice price!

Back