• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
The Next BIG match and a chance to register some success.

A draw would be a huge improvement, and steady a rocky ship.

Gk - Oxley gets another chance to work up some confidence.

Demetreau, White, Sokolik, Coker(or Barratt)

McL, Lenny, King, McG.

Bridge

Cox

Bench; Smith, Barrett, Thommo, Atko, O'Neill, RANGER, Williams

426 travelling Shrimpers.
1-1 and Mc'L to make it 3 in a row.

..............................OXLEY...................SMITH.........................
O'NEILL.....DEMETRIOU.....WHITE....THOMPSON...SOKOLIK....BARRETT....COKER
............................................LENNY.....................................................
.............................................COX......................................................

COME ON PHIL , BRING BACK YOUR CLEAN SHEET MENTALITY :winking:

Phil says Ranger could be fit and is competing to start, so we can be sure that he won't make the 18 man squad.

I'd go:
Oxley,
Demetriou, Sokolik, Barrett, Coker,
McGlashan, Leonard, Atkinson, McLaughlin,
Bridge,
Cox

Oxley in goal only to avoid ruining him already. As far as I'm aware they don't have any great pace up front and would rather have Adam Barrett than John White at centre back. Think Gills had worked out McGlashan but Vale won't know him as well so his pace will be a threat. Atkinson over King to add some stability with McGlashan far more attacking on the right than O'Neill, which allowed King to get forward more but wouldn't have that freedom with McGlashan. Mooney has been poor and Bridge deserves a chance, try him out behind Cox.

The great thing at one level is the pace and skill of Mc L and Mc G going forward. The downside is an inability to tackle and defend, this leaves us exposed with just 2 midfielders one of whom is playing further back. So we need to get on top early and take chances, otherwise a tendency to be overrun as the game rolls on in midfield will trouble us , as in the past 2 games

Although I don't think PB will pick this team (think he will stick with Oxley and Mooney in the starting 11 for another game) this is what I would like to see:

Smith
Demetriou Thompson Barrett Coker
Atkinson Leonard King McLaughlin
Bridge
Cox

The great thing at one level is the pace and skill of Mc L and Mc G going forward. The downside is an inability to tackle and defend, this leaves us exposed with just 2 midfielders one of whom is playing further back. So we need to get on top early and take chances, otherwise a tendency to be overrun as the game rolls on in midfield will trouble us , as in the past 2 games

McLaughlin is capable defensively-he played quite a lot at LB for Forest,O'Neill is obviously better defensively than McGlashan but best to start like this:-
Oxley-even though he was at fault with their 2nd on Tuesday.
Demetriou
Thompson
Sokolik
Coker

McGlashan
Leonard
King
McLaughlin

Mooney
Cox

Bridge,O Neill and,if fit,Ranger would be the only subs you might want to use!

PB coming up with some classic quotes, in conversation with CP on twitter!

Brown: "The change of personnel is something I have to bring to people’s attention."
Brown: "We’ve had a 21 man turnover and we’re finding our feet, personality and DNA."
Brown: "I think our two full-backs will be in the best in the division by the end of the season."
Brown: "An awful lot of people look into the end of last season but that’s a long way away from my mind."
Brown on trying to make new signings: "It’s the slowest game of cards I’ve ever been involved in."
Brown: "I spent 23 hours on the phone yesterday and had to recharge the battery three times."
Brown on Jay Simpson: "I’ve left it in the hands of the hierarchy."
On the two defenders Blues have bid for - one is in the Premier League and the other is in the Championship.

PB coming up with some classic quotes, in conversation with CP on twitter!

Brown: "The change of personnel is something I have to bring to people’s attention."
Brown: "We’ve had a 21 man turnover and we’re finding our feet, personality and DNA."
Brown: "I think our two full-backs will be in the best in the division by the end of the season."
Brown: "An awful lot of people look into the end of last season but that’s a long way away from my mind."
Brown on trying to make new signings: "It’s the slowest game of cards I’ve ever been involved in."
Brown: "I spent 23 hours on the phone yesterday and had to recharge the battery three times."
Brown on Jay Simpson: "I’ve left it in the hands of the hierarchy."
On the two defenders Blues have bid for - one is in the Premier League and the other is in the Championship.

There is no f'ing way we will be signing Jay Simpson. He could take a 50% pay cut and we still wouldn't be able to afford him. And when was the last time we paid a large-ish amount for anyone?

..............................OXLEY...................SMITH.........................
O'NEILL.....DEMETRIOU.....WHITE....THOMPSON...SOKOLIK....BARRETT....COKER
............................................LENNY.....................................................
.............................................COX......................................................

COME ON PHIL , BRING BACK YOUR CLEAN SHEET MENTALITY :winking:

We need it.

We will lose thats a certain, by how much who knows.

3-0 loss im afraid. Defence cant defend, midfield not creative, forwards starved of chances. Cant see it going any other way . And for that poor excuse of a striker Mooney don't give him anymore starting time, totally pants !:'(

If it were up to me:

Oxley
Demetriou - Thompson - Sokolik - Coker
Leonard - King - Atkinson - McLaughlin
Ranger - Cox

Smith

Demetriou, Sokolik, Barrett, Coker

Leonard

McGlashan McLaughlin

Bridge

Cox, Ranger

Really desperate to see a diamond with someone at the top of it who is willing to attack, make runs from midfield and play dangerous balls through so I've gone for Bridge. The midfield has been so deep and flat up until now, but I doubt Brown will even get Bridge off the bench.

Smith

Leonard

McGlashan McLaughlin

Bridge

Cox, Ranger

Really desperate to see a diamond with someone at the top of it who is willing to attack, make runs from midfield and play dangerous balls through so I've gone for Bridge. The midfield has been so deep and flat up until now, but I doubt Brown will even get Bridge off the bench.

I like the starting XI but far too daring for Phil.

Not it sure if Ranger will be ready for a match start, so I reckon he will be on the bench. Smith should be in consideration, as Oxley is proving to be a poor acquisition.

Smith

Leonard

McGlashan McLaughlin

Bridge

Cox, Ranger

I was at the away game in February and we played this exact system and got absolutely destroyed in the first half, so I would be wary playing this.

Smith

Leonard

McGlashan McLaughlin

Bridge

Cox, Ranger

That my old chap, is what they "tickety-boo" in my books :thumbsup:

Smith

Leonard

McGlashan McLaughlin

Bridge

Cox, Ranger

Decent side, but what if both mcs get caught to wide, you have Lenny in front of the back four all on his own

What we desperately need is a clean sheet over and above a win, I will take 0-0 but we can win this if were smart, pack the back, 3 centre-halves, wingbacks, workhorses in the middle, tricky pace up top and wide on this big pitch, therefore.

Smith

Thompson Sokolik Barrett
Demetriou----------------------Coker
Atkinson Leonard
McGlashan ----McLaughlin
Cox

subs Oxley, White, O'Neill, King, Bridge, Mooney, Ranger

Smith over Oxley, do not care if it breaks his confidence, Ted must be chomping at the bit thinking he can do better, if Oxley has anything about him he will come back stronger, if not, not worth persevering. Sokolik over White more mobility and pace. Atkinson over King and Bridge, better defensively to help with the clean sheet, made lots of good late tackles against Gills in the league game. McGlashan must play due to his pace and both him and McLaughlin must support Cox and get on his flicks, otherwise he will be isolated. If we do this well can see us winning 3-1. Crowd of 4500 with 500 happy shrimpers including 5 of us making the trip.

I think he'll go for:

Oxley
Mcglashan, Leonard, Atkinson, Macca
Mooney, Cox

Back