• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What actions would YOU support?

• AGM. Get organised with serious questions.

Votes: 85 73.9%
  • Total Boycott of Burton Match

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Boycott 1st Half of Burton Match

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Boycott 1st Game of NEXT Season

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • "Martin Out" Chanting DURING games.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • "Martin Out" Chanting BEFORE & AFTER games.

Votes: 32 27.8%
  • Red Card Protest

Votes: 25 21.7%
  • Sit In Protest for 30mins-1hr after Burton

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Sit In Protest for LONGER after Burton

Votes: 23 20.0%
  • Petition (online or otherwise)

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • Silent Protest after Burton

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Wear A Colour of Protest (to be decided)

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • March through town to ground before Burton

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • Facebook Campaign (SOS group has 6k members)

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • All turn backs on Directors Box

Votes: 18 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think either wear a colour to make feelings know or boycott of first half of burton match. Either of those I would be happy with.

deffinately feel the need for rm to be fully aware of his un-popularity and how no one (except the rose tinted ones left around) agrees with what he is doing.

This would have to be made public though by this website, facebook, and the echo. not everyone uses the internet so the word has to be put out there.

ooh touchy dwb, who said it was you I was referring to ?? but as it goes, I do think deep down you cannot see the harm he has inflicted on this club over the last 5 years. Your hatred for tilly and all that he and his team achieved is apparent for all to see, and I am really happy that you prefer sturrock, but your love for martin, i think we both no is deep down and embedded

You crack me up. Where have I ever said I hated Tilly? Decent player, good manager at lower league level, 2 promotions, 2 relegations, couple of LDV cup finals..not bad really. All I've ever said was that he wasn't a legend in my eyes and compared him to someone that tried mass genocide :winking: I wouldn't travel to an away game to hero worship him but will recognize he was a good manager, maybe out of his depth in the Championship with a couple of bad signings. We all know about Hooper etc, late substitutions and a little bit inadequate tactically speaking....that's not me slagging him off or hating him, they are just facts. The good side was there too, finding Eastwood, his love of Southend (and Leeds)and his affinity to the fans etc etc.

I will say I prefer Sturrock in all honesty, but even Sturrock has his ways about him, not playing Paterson for instance, but that may be because Paterson looks a bit on the lazy side and Sturrock likes grafters.

As for RM, I have no love for him. I see a man that had a dream, and because of the collapse of the economy and the obvious change in lending rules, the dream got harder and harder to achieve. He has been underhand and done all he can to claw money from every possible sinew. If you owned a business that was struggling because of the economic downturn, would you not try every possible way to keep your company afloat? That isn't me defending RM at all, merely pointing out that what RM is doing is probably what hundreds of company owners are doing every day. It just so happens that RM's business is a football club, a very public business, one that we all love to bits and have so much affection for.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Ron Martin controls sufc and there is nothing anyone can do about it . All the protesting in the world will make not one tiny bit of difference ! So either go watch sufc and support the team as best you can or stay at home and dont bother , but dont expect RM to walk away just because you disagree wih what he is doing coz it aint gonna happen .

Fascinating to see the Ron apologists getting annoyed about people wanting to show Ron what they think of him. As for the aims of what it will achieve - nothing. However these are all great ways of giving him a vote of no confidence.

Fascinating to see the Ron apologists getting annoyed about people wanting to show Ron what they think of him. As for the aims of what it will achieve - nothing. However these are all great ways of giving him a vote of no confidence.

Whats more fascinating is there is no one getting annoyed about people wanting to protest from what I can see....

I don't see any Ron apologists, I really don't understand why people continue thinking that those of a less militant stance are in some way, Ron's best buddies. We're not, we're moderates and I think I speak for those of a similar vein of thinking when I say that we are supportive of the team, not the management and people ought to recognise that rather than throwing accusations around.

I have yet to see those of a more militant stance actually doing anything of note about it. The car park protest was feeble and Mrs Ron gave protesters short shrift, Ron came out and had a chat in the car park and it didn't seem to be at all inflammatory, so that all kind of got brushed under the carpet. I'm all for petitions and putting things in writing, that way there is a documented path that will need addressing but protests don't achieve anything in this day and age in circumstances like ours, the support is too fragmented.

Whers's the option for throwing him in the back of a transit van blindfolded then torturing him for crimes against sufc

Unfortunately Ron Martin controls sufc and there is nothing anyone can do about it . All the protesting in the world will make not one tiny bit of difference ! So either go watch sufc and support the team as best you can or stay at home and dont bother , but dont expect RM to walk away just because you disagree wih what he is doing coz it aint gonna happen .

What he said.....

Question - can one of the ringleaders of this thread tell me what they expect to happen if they manage to drive Ron away from the club...... open question......

Everyone get on the pitch after the Burton game and protest in front of the directors box. No one will get banning orders, because if anyone is nicked then all they have to quote is the 1,000's of Brighton fans who invaded the pitch after securing promotion on tuesday, and how many of those recieved banning orders?. If it is an offence to invade the pitch then it applys 100% of the time, irrelevant of the circumstances for which it occured.

Why do people think nothing is going to happen, martin has had an easy ride ever since 1997/8 when he tried to liquadate our club . why does everybody think there is no alternative to martin?? what makes us different to any other club that has been taken over.!!! is this something that we dont know?? are our debts that big that they eclipse chelsea etc. no i didnt think so do you?? Not one club still in the football league has gone bust since maidstone and aldershot. however i think with martin at the helm the only way forward is to go bust, to get rid of him i f he does go, then we will be saved, there are ppl out there that wnat to buy a football club

Why do people think nothing is going to happen, martin has had an easy ride ever since 1997/8 when he tried to liquadate our club . why does everybody think there is no alternative to martin?? what makes us different to any other club that has been taken over.!!! is this something that we dont know?? are our debts that big that they eclipse chelsea etc. no i didnt think so do you?? Not one club still in the football league has gone bust since maidstone and aldershot. however i think with martin at the helm the only way forward is to go bust, to get rid of him i f he does go, then we will be saved, there are ppl out there that wnat to buy a football club

What will shouting Ron Martin Out actually do ? The best you can hope for is Ron Martin will stop coming to the club and let Tara run it completely.

Its not a simple case of someone coming in and buying the club. RM got into the club to make money from the development, he has no doubt run up debts etc to stay in the club until such a time he can make the money.

Someone will have to come in and offer him enough money to have made the last 10 years worthwhile for him, how much will that be ?

Will anyone come in and offer him X millions and then still be able to build the stadium ?

That would literally cost them tens of millions, who is going to spend that without the level of return that RM was expecting when he started, which has no doubt been diminished since.

I would love it if someone more financial clout came in and sort out the mess we got ourselves in but I just dont see anyone wanting to offer enough.

good post straight to the point he holds the majority shares in our club he is not going to walk away this week or even next year unless someone comes up with a substantial amount of money

Back