• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Possible Transfer Target?

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers 🍤 ⭐
There was a rumour on here a few weeks ago that we was trying to get in a League Two right back (Full time) and a centre half plying his trade North of the boarder (On Loan) to bolster our rather weak looking back line. Could this guy possibly be the right back?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11750_4763992,00.html

He fits the description, but then again there are at least 23 others in League Two playing right back.

Anyone know anything about him? Would he be someone to improve the squad if signed?

Sankofa's starting to look a decent player at RB, would be surprised if we signed a new one in the window now. Sankofa and an on-form (well hopefully he can get back to last season's performances) Franno and we'll be well covered in that position in my opinion.

Yeah Sankofa is starting to look good now and hopefully that has given Franno a kick up the back side.

We need a centre back.

Echo the above comments. Didn't rate Osei until MK Dons and Chelsea, since then he's done very well, and deserves a starting spot against Chelsea.

I'd take a loanee at centre back though.

He's actually primarily a centre back who can play right back if needed. A bloody tall centre back as well.

He's actually primarily a centre back who can play right back if needed. A bloody tall centre back as well.

Do you think its likely that he would be someone that interested Tilly?

Do you think its likely that he would be someone that interested Tilly?

Erm, possibly. He does tick some of the boxes. I'd be surprised if he left the Daggers in January though.

There are a few others that I'd expect out of their door before him. He's only just starting to show his ability for them so I don't think it'd be in anyones interest if he left already. Last season he was shipped off to Weymouth and I don't think they really expected him to come back and force his way into the First XI to be honest. John Still has done an incredible job there though and the way he's brought players in to become established League players, who were perhaps not looking as if they could do it, is pretty impressive. Graeme Montgomery who they've just signed from Wealdstone should be the next one on the production line.

I don't think there is a legitimate case for moving for Ashley Cole - Herd can cover the position and Ashley is known to have high wage demands

Back