• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread POSTPONED++++Southend United v Wealdstone, Tuesday 16th January, 19:45k.o., NL++++

Starting XI and result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

• Harry Taylor

Votes: 58 86.6%
  • Ollie Kensdale

• Nathan Ralph

• Jack Bridge

• Cav Miley

Votes: 57 85.1%
  • Noor Husin

• Wes Fonguck

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • Henry Sandat

• Marcus Dackers

• James Morton

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brooklyn Kabongolo

• Adam Crowther

• Mauro Vilhete

• Harry Cardwell

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Oli Coker

• ….

• ….

• ….

• Win

Votes: 47 70.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Lose

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Air temperature is different to ground temperature

Soils have a large percentage of water in between the soil particles. Because of that water, soil temperatures are usually 10 degrees lower than the ambient air temperature
Wouldn’t that mean you’d get games called off when it’s 10 degrees (air temperature) as the soil would be frozen, which obviously doesn’t happen. Or does soil have a different freezing point? I’m probably over simplifying and totally misunderstanding.

Either way I’d bet on a postponement tonight.

Last edited:
So having looked at the met office forecast through to Saturday, not a lot of rise in temperature could mean Saturday game also at risk of postponement!

Wouldn’t that mean you’d get games called off when it’s 10 degrees (air temperature) as the soil would be frozen, which obviously doesn’t happen. Or does soil have a different freezing point? I’m probably over simplifying and totally misunderstanding.

Either way I’d bet on a postponement tonight.
Yeah it's rubbish!

It depends how deep you go, but a foot or two below surface will rarely freeze, neither does it warm up much in summer. Ground temp adjusts slower than air temp, so a few hours of sub zero air temp is unlikely to freeze the ground, but likewise once frozen it takes a while to defrost once air temp is positive

Fingers crossed it's on.

I'd really like to think that new and better covers have been purchased to get it on.

Anyone remember the cup game at roots hall (may have been bury) about 10 or 15 years ago.

The pitch was white by the end of the match.

Fingers crossed it's on.

I'd really like to think that new and better covers have been purchased to get it on.

Anyone remember the cup game at roots hall (may have been bury) about 10 or 15 years ago.

The pitch was white by the end of the match.
I remember that one, it was bloody freezing. You could see the pitch getting more and more frozen every minute. think it went to extra time as well....

I remember that one, it was bloody freezing. You could see the pitch getting more and more frozen every minute. think it went to extra time as well....
Wasn't that against Bury 11th December 2012. Bothe Worral and the God that is Efe Sodje played for Bury

Link to the details - We won on Penalties

Are there any local non League games on to get my football fix? Local sides have previously offered free entry to our fans if our game was postponed if their game was on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back