• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Potential Hillsborough at the Hall?

bomma77

Youth Team
It just dawned on me, the other day in respect of my Season Ticket and Southend's wonderfool ticket offices decision not to re-issue cards every year, I've had mine since the introduction of this system.

Well anyway, last year there were 6,500 aprox season card holders, this year only 4,500. That means there are 2,000 voided cards out there (if not more). Now, what usually happens when the card doesn't let you through. In my experience the steward uses his own card to let you in.

Therefore, if say the home game against Leeds sells out, you could potentially have another 2000 people trying to get in.

Think the club needs to rethink the reuse of cards year after year.

A mate of mine is a Palace fan and they have the same thing with the cards, and they replace them every single year.

But I would hope that the cards are voided and they say something on the system if swiped?

But I can see your concern.

Much as I try, I really can't see our 2,000 non-returning season-ticket holders all deciding at the same time to storm the Hall en-masse just on the off-chance that they might get in to see a game for free.

But it's one heck of an over-reaction for a first post so I commend you.

Otherwise, welcome to the board!

;) :)

Not going to happen. The little red light will light up and the stewards doing the great job they do will send the people away. O wait just realised this is SUFC stewarding so maybe your right.

I had trouble getting in last year and spent the first six matches carrying around a small piece of paper they had given me as proof.Expect much the same this year so I intend to take my receipt of purchase as proof

Not going to happen. The little red light will light up and the stewards doing the great job they do will send the people away. O wait just realised this is SUFC stewarding so maybe your right.

This is crazy. Imagine how annoyed you'd be if you had a ticket but couldn't get in. There are clearly ticket problems and it makes sense to let people in if you know the ticketing system is playing up. Sometimes the stewards are just damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Mad overreaction post to start too! Another Hillsborough??

i had trouble getting in for the first month of last season and the stewards just let me through because i told them i had paid. The ticket office just needs to do their job properly...so yes, there's a good chance there will be problems at the start again.

This is crazy. Imagine how annoyed you'd be if you had a ticket but couldn't get in. There are clearly ticket problems and it makes sense to let people in if you know the ticketing system is playing up. Sometimes the stewards are just damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Yeah but surely and as has been posted you can turn up old season ticket, not renewed, red light appears you tell the steward you've paid and in you go. that can't be right, otherwise i won't bother renewing next season. Unfortunately if your seaso doesn't work proof of receipt, i take mine with me first few games or visit to the ticket office has to be the answer to stop unpaids getting in.

Agree the likely hood of another Hilsborough happening is extremely remote and a total overaction on my part.

The point is that if at 10 to 3pm some of these now 'non season ticket holder' try to get in for free, are the stewards really going to bothered to stop them and send them around to the ticket office?

And you're right I would be annoyed if my ticket doesn't work and I couldn't get in. Thats why I carry my receipt with me. I really don't trust the ticketing office to get it right, especially as the spotty teenager who reactivated my card this year didn't seem to have a clue about what to do and spent 30 minutes in the attempt. Then I had to ask him for a receipt.

This is the one area that constantly lets this club down, when this was first introduced, my brother was sent someone else's ticket card. On contacting the club they told him 'oh just cut it up' we'll issue you the correct card.

I dread to think what they'll be like trying to issue 22,000 tickets.

Think its a good thread, I have three season tickets in the West Stand, and last season had one changed and it still didnot work, dispite the ticket office telling me it was working and they couldnot understand why it didnot go through, the stewards were brilliant praise when it is due and let me through without any fuss or bother, however again the club have issued another ticket for me and we see if I get the same reaction.

On tuesday I purchased a ticket against VA, and guess what my ticket I PURCHASED TWO MINUTES EARLIER ,would not go through the scanner, and the steward refused me entrance, so I had to march to the ticket office again and get a duplicate, now if this happens on my first match over the West stand I willnot be going around the front to see the ticket manager, a suggestion to all Southend employees at the club, could not a list of s/ticket be given to the stewards and those that fail to go through on their ticket canbe be ticked off in a book, those that try and blag there way in will not be omitted into the ground. Or am I being to clever to stop a potential flash point at 2.55 match day

Could another Hillsborough happen never say never, it s when people are down on their guard that things happen !!!!!

could not a list of s/ticket be given to the stewards and those that fail to go through on their ticket canbe be ticked off in a book, those that try and blag there way in will not be omitted into the ground. Or am I being to clever to stop a potential flash point at 2.55 match day

thats a good idea and would solve the problem. If your name is not down your not getting in and if your on the list it gives you the chance to watch the game and sort your seaso at the ticket office on a non match day.

I've got a really bad feeling about getting into the ground next saturday. Something just tells me that my season ticket isn't going to work. I'm going to phone them up tomorrow just to double-check that everything is good with my card but I'm convinced that something is going to go wrong.

At least two people in my group have been sent out new cards this year, which was unexpected and which again doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that my card (which wasn't replaced) will work.

i got new card this year when i renewed which i wasn't expecting and I share your lack of confidence on entering the ground without problems Saturday.

I know someone who got away with this until the end of last season, by just saying it didn't work, i think it was the luton game or something, they took it off him to see it hadn't been working, all very odd to be honest, denying the club of money and all that.. terrible isn't it.

I know someone who got away with this until the end of last season, by just saying it didn't work, i think it was the luton game or something, they took it off him to see it hadn't been working, all very odd to be honest, denying the club of money and all that.. terrible isn't it.

I think I know the bloke you mean James ;)

i think i'll def try it next season then.

Back