• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Potential new signings for this season

Not many of those would consider coming here, but:

Dean Cox - If we offered him guaranteed first team football could be persuaded to join. Seem to remember reading he'd fallen out of favour with Poyet. Would be hugely effective in League Two.

Jason Demetriou - We need some quality in midfield.

David Pilkington - Brother of the Pilkington that went to Huddersfield. He's young and Stockport fans say, on occasion, he looks better than his brother who's amongst the best in this League.

Sean Morrison - Doesn't need an explanation, although I'd guess he'd be a prospect a host of clubs.

I'd rather have a list of players out of contract from League Two.

Bentley and Royce back :) Maybe Hunt back if Francis leaves.

Sign those 6 players on extensions.

Sean Morrison would be a dream to have back.

Matt Heath and John White would be great signings. I believe that Baldwin and Vernon are out of contract aswell.

Last edited:
There's a few players in my Sunday League side that we might be able to afford, but I'm not sure they'd be willing to leave.

Where is this confirmation that we're still under a transfer embargo?

Tilson commented during an interview to Late Kick-Off last month that this issue was resolved.

We may have paid back the tax man but I've seen nothing to say we've paid the PFA back yet.

We may have paid back the tax man but I've seen nothing to say we've paid the PFA back yet.

So, more conjecture.

Tilson confirmed we were no longer an embargo, although unable to bring anybody in because of the loan window closing, and that's confirmation enough for me until I hear/see otherwise.

Last edited:
During an interview with Late Kick-Off last month, like I said, IIRC.

Well, that may be confirmation enough for you but I don't know what to believe from anyone at the club now.

Until I see an article on the OS or on SSN saying "Embargo Lifted" I'll remain unconvinced.

Well, that may be confirmation enough for you but I don't know what to believe from anyone at the club now.

Until I see an article on the OS or on SSN saying "Embargo Lifted" I'll remain unconvinced.

There's more chance of me buying a pig and attaching a jet pack to it's back than ron releasing a statement saying that.

If it's any use I saw Brett Angell eating a ham and pickle in the club car park the other day. Chris Powell was there too drinking a maccy d's strawberry shake.

It all depends on who leaves us during the summer months. No doubt players will leave, and they will then need replacing. The main ingrediant we need to add to the mix is hunger.

The players we have simply weren't up for the end at the end of the day, and didn't look hunger on more than one occassion.

Players that we sign/loan/buy during the summer months have to come here for the football, and for a chance to prove themselves. Now, whether its a non-league player getting his big break in league football, or a player released from another league Club that has something to prove doesn't matter to me.

I've had a think about players we could bring in during the summer months.

Firstly, Mildenhall is off by all accounts. His name has been linked with the likes of Yeovil, Swindon and Bristol Rovers. He apparently wants out. Now, as his replacement I'd love us to sign Owain Fon Williams, the Stockport County keeper. Not too long ago he was on the fringes of the Welsh National squad and was linked with some big Clubs. Now, he has something to prove. He is part of a side that is shipping goals, now I don't know whether they have been his fault or not, but he is a good goalkeeper and would be a good signing. Stockport are still in administration so could be snapped up on the cheap.

Billy Jones from Crewe. His deal is up in the summer and Crewe have said its not being renewed. A solid left back, who has an excellent set piece delivery. Herd has shown himself to be naive defensively, and has struggled. Jones would install some experience into the backline as well being 26 and having over 250 games under his belt.

Centre halfs is an area that definately needs to be strengthened. IF Barrett is still here we will only have 1 centre half, if not we have none. Baldwin and Morrison have been mentioned but are both out of our price range in my eyes. We have more chance with Baldwin, but only slightly. Matt Heath is out of contract at Col Ewe and will be part of their summer clear out. Not sure what other centre halfs will become available.

Right back we are sorted providing Francis and Sankofa stay. I'm happy with them two.

Left side of midfield needs some work. Moussa should be moved infield, where at his age, hopefully he will begin to dictate proceedings from there with his passing range. Daniel Jones of Wolves, who is on loan at Bristol Rovers, is a SZ favourite when the transfer speculation occurs. He is out of contract at Wolves in the summer time. Matt Ritchie of Portsmouth, although he played for them the other day, could well be part of their summer clear out. Excellent player down at Daggers' last season and it hasn't really happened for him at Notts County nor Swindon. Also, HRK isn't getting much of a look in at Reading, another good left winger. Both him and Ritchie are more likely to be loans. I know HRK has another year on his deal, not sure about Ritchie.

Central midfield needs to be strengthened. Grant and Moussa would make a very good central midfield pairing in League Two, of that I'm confident but both are likely to miss games through suspension. JFC, if on a sensible wage, would make a good back up option for Grant, and I fully expect Macca to disappear. Someone like David Perkins, again of Col Ewe but on loan at Stockport, would make a good replacement. Bit of an ankle biter like Macca, but has a superior range of passing. Again, likely to be part of Col Ewe's clear out.

Right wing I'd be happy with Scannell and Laurent. Another option for me would be Danny Green of Dagenham. Plucked from the non-league scene from Bishop Strotford after being axed at Northampton. He has gone on the hit 13 goals from the wing for Dagenham, including a series of free-kicks.

Up front needs work. Paterson is contracted into next season and I hear Crawford has signed a new deal which leaves us with two. Hopefully we take up the option of the extra year with him to give us three. Possible targets could include Paul Benson, again from Dagenham. Is a Southend fan I believe, and rejected the offer of pre-season training with us after a reserve match in favour of a permenant switch to Daggers. He certainly knows where the back of the net is at that level having hit 16 this season, and 17 last season.

more loan signings, free transfers and alot more bollox from ron martin, just you wait.

Back