• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
I seem to be hearing more doom and gloom about the players that might be off in the summer. Got to be honest I really dont think I am that bothered as to who goes. There are a few players that are obviously better than others but personally I think these are in the main average L2 players. Most of them have had 2/3 years to get us promoted and have not done so.

I think a wholesale change might actually be what is needed. The football this year has been bad but the worst thing has been the total lack of passion and fight from the players. They have been great at playing lip service in the press but how many have times have we been totally out fought by on paper lesser sides.

I remember as a kid I cried when Dad told me David Crown had left and yet we replaced him with some random called Brett Angell and the rest was history. I learnt then that in the vast majority of times players can be replaced at the lower levels of football.

We have no say in the matter & it all depends on what Uncle Ron gives PB to spend.

I would like us to hold onto Bentley, Clohessy, Cresswell, Prosser, Timlin, Tomlin, Freddy, Corr, Laird & Hurst. Of those, I think we will keep Freddy, Prosser, Lair & probably Corr!

I expect to see a few Wet Spam loanees, one of whom I've been hearing great things about is Blair Turgott. He has been on loan to Bradford this season, but is highly rated. A bit of pace & a wide player/striker. A season long loan maybe!

I think personally PB wants to start by getting defenders,too many soft goals conceded this season,then a couple more midfielders ,as long as we retain CORR and EASTWOOD ,along with Seedy Njie and Harris we already have attackers,probably another season long loanee to PB is no fool im sure he will rebuild from the defence out.help them out.

Sadly, if a better team comes in and is able to offer a player more than they're getting here then unless they feel happy here then they'll be off. I think we won't be as bad as some people think but we'll lose 1/2 good players like Cresswell I think.

Whatever happens though, it's up to Brown to get new bodies in and I'll give them full backing.

What's disappointed me this season is the lack of fight passion and indeed ingenuity when it mattered when the team was in a real position to kick on into the auto promotion positions and later playoffs. Many of us on here have played football and it doesn't matter if its for Man U or the Pig and Duck in the Southend bor Com when you are in a promotion postion in your league you are on a buzz all week and can't wait for the next fixture to further your ambitions. Most of this lot didn't look as if they new or cared about the potential this team had to get out of this awful league.

Came a long way to watch them in the final, and they didnt really turn up. In a great position in the table at one time, and somehow managed to chuck it all away with some dreadful home preformances, so other than about 5 or 6 players a complete clearout might be on the books.

No one mentioning Leonard as one of the players we should try and keep? I had him earmarked as someone who would follow PS, if he took over another League Two side, yet he appears to get on well with PB.

No one mentioning Leonard as one of the players we should try and keep? I had him earmarked as someone who would follow PS, if he took over another League Two side, yet he appears to get on well with PB.
Yes me, many times on various threads! I think people forget how young he is, and he's such a versatile player. I'm disregarding those already under contract, who I hope we'll retain (well, mostly, but I can't see the ones I'm not so bothered about going), but of those out of contract, there's 3 in particular I'd want to keep, and that's Prosser, Leonard and Timlin.

Yes me, many times on various threads! I think people forget how young he is.

Good point - he's only 6 months older than Woodyard but because he came through Plymouth's youth system rather than our own there is a perception that he is much older. When Sturrock signed him I think he'd only played one first team game.

As well as Leonard, I'd like to see us retain (other than those under contract) Barry Corr, Sean Clohessy, Luke Prosser, Dan Bentley, Michael Timlin - the rest I'm not too bothered about as I'd like Brown to be given a chance to build his own squad so he needs some space in the squad to bring a few in.

As well as Leonard, I'd like to see us retain (other than those under contract) Barry Corr, Sean Clohessy, Luke Prosser, Dan Bentley, Michael Timlin - the rest I'm not too bothered about as I'd like Brown to be given a chance to build his own squad so he needs some space in the squad to bring a few in.
Bentley, yes, forgot him. There's rumours of higher placed teams taking an interest, but I think our future lies with Bentley as 1st choice keeper....not next season necessarily, but Smith is still under contract, so a deal that gives him some cup games and 1st choice cover please.

We have no say in the matter & it all depends on what Uncle Ron gives PB to spend.

I would like us to hold onto Bentley, Clohessy, Cresswell, Prosser, Timlin, Tomlin, Freddy, Corr, Laird & Hurst. Of those, I think we will keep Freddy, Prosser, Lair & probably Corr!

I expect to see a few Wet Spam loanees, one of whom I've been hearing great things about is Blair Turgott. He has been on loan to Bradford this season, but is highly rated. A bit of pace & a wide player/striker. A season long loan maybe!

He didn't actually start a League game whilst at Bradford for 2 months so they couldn't have rated him that highly. But you're right if we're going for loanees, the continuity of season long loans would obviously be prefereable.

I think personally PB wants to start by getting defenders,too many soft goals conceded this season,then a couple more midfielders ,as long as we retain CORR and EASTWOOD ,along with Seedy Njie and Harris we already have attackers,probably another season long loanee to PB is no fool im sure he will rebuild from the defence out.help them out.

You need pace throughout the team but especially up front. If we're going with those four as our forwards, forget it.

I'd like to keep Hurst, Timlin, Tomlin and Corr. The others I'm not too bothered about.

I would imagine if we can get a stack of loanees in with the parent club picking up most of their wages that will be the preferable option for RM.

Back