• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe someone has mentioned this on another thread but I assume you have seen the three min article they did on SUFC on the Football League show this weekend?

Some great albeit brief clips including v Man City in the 50's on a mudbath pitch, Motty at the top of the West Stand in the snow (presumably v Liverpool), Selina Scott interviewing Bobby Moore and some action of us in the season we went top of what is now the Championship for three hours.

Anyone know if it is possible to view old BBC clips of SUFC?

The Man City and Liverpool clips would be fabulous to see in more detail as would for instance the game we played v Watford in the late 70's on Match of the Day.

Maybe someone has mentioned this on another thread but I assume you have seen the three min article they did on SUFC on the Football League show this weekend?

Some great albeit brief clips including v Man City in the 50's on a mudbath pitch, Motty at the top of the West Stand in the snow (presumably v Liverpool), Selina Scott interviewing Bobby Moore and some action of us in the season we went top of what is now the Championship for three hours.

Anyone know if it is possible to view old BBC clips of SUFC?

The Man City and Liverpool clips would be fabulous to see in more detail as would for instance the game we played v Watford in the late 70's on Match of the Day.

Gah! Didn't record it this weekend.

Anyway, we're at 1:10:20 on here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01091r9/The_Football_League_Show_2010_2011_Episode_32/

£4.2 mill for Stan The Man? I thought it was £2.25 mill ish with I guess some add-ons but it can't have been £2 mill of add-ons!

£4.2 mill for Stan The Man? I thought it was £2.25 mill ish with I guess some add-ons but it can't have been £2 mill of add-ons!

As I understood it, we got 15% of his next transfer (i.e the £8m-ish Liverpool spent on him) plus £250k when Forest got promoted and £250k when he got his first England cap. And 10p for each one of his dogging sessions.

As I understood it, we got 15% of his next transfer (i.e the £8m-ish Liverpool spent on him) plus £250k when Forest got promoted and £250k when he got his first England cap. And 10p for each one of his dogging sessions.

You are quite correct Sir, we made £900,000 from dogging.

You are quite correct Sir, we made £900,000 from dogging.

All that dogging scandal came out just a few months after he was linked with the Southend managers job pre Tilson post colu ****. There was even a lot of idiots chanting his name wanting him to get the job. Ron Martin has certainly made a lot of errors as Southend Chairman but not giving the job to Collymore wasn't one of them.

Motty in the snow is almost definitely against Liverpool, you can see a packed South Bank behind him.

Plus Forest were due to pay an extra £250k if Stan hit 20 league goals the next season, a clause which I recall they ended up buying out for £100k with Stan on 19 goals and with two games of the season left.

Plus Forest were due to pay an extra £250k if Stan hit 20 league goals the next season, a clause which I recall they ended up buying out for £100k with Stan on 19 goals and with two games of the season left.

Not according to Stan's book mate, in it he says Forest were going to leave him out of the last couple of games after they got promotion to save the £250k incase he scored another goal. Collymore wasn't happy with that and said he wanted to play, he did and scored the goal that got us the extra money. He says in the book he was determined to score as he wanted Southend to have that money.

We bought Stan for £150,000 plus add ons and sold him for £2.2m plus add ons

or ...

We bought Stan for £650,000 and sold him for £3.45m

The BBC have the whole 90 minutes of our tie verses Liverpool in the snow in archive but won't release it as they say there would be little market interest (THE *******S !!!!!)

The BBC have the whole 90 minutes of our tie verses Liverpool in the snow in archive but won't release it as they say there would be little market interest (THE *******S !!!!!)

Blueblood, try emailing Phil Bigwood, producer of MOTD and lifelong Southend fan, you never know you might get lucky.

I would so love to see that Liverpool game again I have heard rumours of some people having a video of the game that they recorded but thats all its been rumours. With so much stuff in their archives you would think the BBC would make it available on their website for a fee. They are missing out on a lot of money

Back